Saving Private Ruby

We looked down the massive hole. Titanium made an assumption as to what happened.

"Ruby Rose must have gotten bored and went for a walk, but the ground fell out from under her. She lost her weapon while falling and Zwei managed not to fall in. I recommend tactically jumping down and performing recon."

I nodded. "You heard her! Move out, team!"

We hopped down, Titanium using her thrusters to slow our fall and make our landing quieter. Noticing a cracked wall, Titanium and I pressed up against it to hear something chilling.

"Which hurts more, Red? Front hand?" I heard metal hit flesh and Ruby cried out in pain. "Or backhand?" Another strike, but Ruby was louder with her cry of pain.

"Front hand?" another strike, another yelp.

"Or backhand?!?" Another hit.

Shit, Ruby can't take much more. Gotta intervene.

"Team! Set down a mute charge and blow a hole in this wall big enough for all of us to get through!"

Blake nodded and pulled out the necessary charges, setting both of them in place. Activating the mute charge, Blake then blew a hole through the wall, allowing us to see Roman, off in the distance hitting Ruby repeatedly with a crowbar. The dust settled and the mute charge wore off, allowing everyone to hear Titanium inform us about her status.

"Flight Core ready."

I nodded at Blake, charged up my Railgun, and aimed next to Roman. Letting the shot go, the shot boomed through the underground city, causing everyone to come out, look at us, then bundle up.

"Titanium? Is it just me, or are you feeling a change in your aggression?"

Titanium put away her railgun. "You know what, I AM feeling a change in my aggression levels!"

We thrusted up, then unleashed our Flight Core, gaining more altitude in the process. Once at our final elevation, we began to unleash pure hell, raining death from above in the form of a hellfire of rockets. Roman Torchwick ran away and climbed onto a train, but we were already on, charging after him.

My vision became tunneled as I focused on the man who beat Ruby to a pulp. To say my blood was boiling and I wanted him to die was the biggest understatement of time eternal. He did what an IMC Pilot did to my father, and mother, and older brother, and infant brother and sister, whom I had known for an entire two weeks. He will NOT escape justice!

Catching up to him, I jumped out and drew my fairly recently forged Ronnin blade. "Roman! I won't let you escape justice!"

He laughed hysterically while slowly turning around. "Do you know why your blood is boiling right now?"

I bared my teeth, my helmet containing the sight, but not the fury. "Damn well I do!"

Roman shook his head. "Really? I think someone is traumatized by the loss of his baby brother and sister by the same move."

My blade wavered. "How do you know that?!?"

Roman gave me a devilish smile. "Simple. I was there."

I reversed my grip and changed my stance. "Impossible! The only ones that would know would be me, my family and that damned IMC Pilot!"

At the mention of the IMC Pilot, Roman's smile grew. Slowly, my mind pieced everything together.

I slowly walked back, mind reeling. "No... No, it can't be..."

Suddenly, anger consumed me. "YOU MONSTER!!!!" My shout echoed all throughout the tunnel.

I charged him, cane meeting sword. In a fit of rage, I unleashed attack after attack at Roman, the man who murdered my entire family before my eyes. He managed to disarm me, my blade sliding towards a stunned Titanium. Roman made a move to knock me off the train, but something unexplainable happened. His blow was totally diverted, like it hit a wall, and in my hands were Pyrrah's weapon and shield, but styled to fit the Militia.

I stood there for a moment before charging at Roman, using everything I had to my advantage. Roman fought not like an ex-Pilot, but like a man trying to fend off an unstoppable Titan. I leaped up, pulled my blade back, and swung as I fell, causing my blade to slice right through Roman. Panting, I watched as his head rolled off his shoulders and his body slump to the ground in a bloody heap.

Looking at my hands, I saw not one real and one artificial, but the hands I had that were stained with the blood of my family. Slowly, they turned into the hands that avenged my family's murder.

"Pilot: embark. We are closing in on the end of the line."

I looked up to see the wall fast approaching. Sprinting into Titanium, I grabbed my blade and leapt in, bracing for impact.

"Brace for impact."

Bam!

Holy crap. That was intense. Did you expect me to pull that off, the thing with Roman and Jack? Just saying, Jack's past will slowly get revealed, but it is up to you to change the course of this story in the very end.

Oh, and it is official: Pyrrah will get to have more time with Jauney-boy.

But that'll basically be in Volume Four, so stay tuned!

I know I'm skewing up the timeline, but I'll fix it, promise!