When The Rain Falls// Hyunchan

When The Rain Falls

Hyunchan (Hyunjin x Chan)

Genre: Bitter sweet

Status: I don't even know

Words: 11,902

When the rain fell from the sky above and coated their shoulders like a thick blanket, both of them knew that the summer had come to an end and they would have to go back to the way things were before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humidity will forever and always be the bane of Bang Chan's existence. It had become a rather torturous element to summer, and frankly, was why Chan rarely ever left the house. The rain was rare during the months of May through August, the town left in a muggy, hot haze that never seemed to lift. It was said that when the rain stopped in April, the summer had officially begun, and when it began to rain back in August, the summer had ended. To Chan, it was a load of bullshit, but he wouldn't realize just how accurate it would become.

It had been exactly 2 and a half weeks since it last rained and one week since school let out for the summer. Chan had been held up in his room, writing and producing music to never reach anyone's ears for two hours a day, cleaning the house for three, and binging Netflix for the rest of the time every day since, picking up a somewhat unhealthy schedule. His skin hadn't seen the light during the whole routine and he was beginning to grow pale. Chan winced at the idea of what he would look like at the end of the twelve-week long break.

It wasn't as if he didn't want to go outside; he yearned to hang out with his friends and have midnight drives, but here he was, stuck in his room because his parents were too controlling. Chan had given up long ago on trying to leave the house and be a teenager because his parents were too hell-bent on keeping him in the house due to their own mistakes when they were younger. Yes, they did in fact care for him enough to worry, but Chan was scared that once he flew from the nest, he'd go wild and lose track of who he was as a person. It was fair to think that way, and maybe that's what would keep him under control when his life seemed to make a rather... drastic turn.

His fears always kept him under wraps.

It was quiet. His parents had gone out of town with his brother and sister, Chan insisting that he stayed home to watch the house and get some of his summer work done. His parents were hesitant to leave him alone at first, but they figured that he was about to get into his last year of high school and he had never done anything to make them see him as a bad kid, and so left without another thought. Chan didn't think anything was going to happen while they were gone, he just wanted to be alone for the next twelve days. That's all there was to it. However, after the third day of watching nothing but Netflix, Chan needed out of the house and leashed up his pitbull to go for a walk to the park. "Let's go for a walk Nova," Chan sighed, patting his thighs to coax the gray dog from his place on the couch.

Nova came bounding over at the sight of the leash, tongue sticking out and sitting patiently so Chan could put the harness over him for a better grip. "Let's go, buddy." Nova wasn't a bad walk, per se; he just got very excited, and Chan had muscles for the sole reason that when this 125-pound dog went sprinting, he could keep himself stable. "Jesus, Nova!" Chan huffed, stopping right in the middle of the park underneath one of the lamps in the dead of night. Chan breathed for a second, looking around at what could have possibly caught the dog's attention, but there had been nothing in sight, at least forwards anyway. Chan jumped at the sound of another person's voice, turning to see someone he hadn't entirely expected to see.