No One Suspects The Butcher// Hyunho

Hyunho (Minho x Hyunjin)

Genre: Angst, thriller, sad, gore.

status: strangers

Words: 25,291 

***please, please, please be careful when reading this. This is one of the more fucked up things I've written and it gets gory as well. If this doesn't sound like it'll be fun for you to read, please don't <33 ***

No one ever suspects the butcher...

In a relatively large city like Pohang, there's bound to be a bit of criminal activity, even murder despite what others might say. But nothing like this, nothing this gruesome and public.

The thing about murder is that most murderers attempt to cover up their tracks and hide the bodies. They don't want to get caught and most of the time, they're amateurs. But this...

This was a lot different.

It started with a boy, no older than the age of 18, and practically dripped with innocence. The boy had a knack for all things bright and happy, as he strongly believed in the idea that the world was already far too negative and dark for him to contribute to that. He was nice, he was kind, he was polite, and he helped people to the best of his ability. The saint walked around the city with his head held high and a smile on his lips. The boy was named Yang Jeongin and his fate was far more gruesome than he deserved.

He had gone missing in the middle of the day after he told his mother he was going out with a few friends. Except, he never showed up to that meeting either. In fact, he didn't show up anywhere at all until two weeks later and he was far from alive and intact.

The local police investigated it to the best of their ability, but when two more bodies dropped, both having gone missing in the middle of the day and then appearing up dead two weeks later, the government official detective became involved. The names of the victims were Park Minhyuk, a teacher at a dance school by the coast, and Lee Felix, a boy with a bright smile visiting from Australia and could barely speak Korean, and it rocked Pohang to its very core.

The thing about the person behind these murders is that it's more public. All of the bodies showed up, cut into pieces, and displayed in multiple places across town. No fingerprints, no murder weapon, and no direct link to a suspect. It was almost as if the murderer was mocking them, taunting them even. 'Come and find me' every single limb uttered silently to them all, and it was beginning to make all of them frustrated beyond belief.

The sight when they found the bodies were sickening. The limbs were cut precisely, seemingly professional. Detectives gathered that maybe they were frozen in ice before displayed throughout the town for the citizens to find and remember the sight of for the rest of their days as well. But what they found odd, was that every time they find a head on a spike, their teeth were gone, and their eyes were burned, hanging loosely by a red thread. They were treated like animals killed for food, and yet no one looked to the person that did that for a profession.

To the detectives, it seemed too obvious. Who would suspect a butcher? Wouldn't that be dangerous? Maybe a bit stupid on the butcher's part? It just didn't seem plausible to them. So they looked somewhere else.

But yet there was someone smarter, someone, seemingly harmless and oblivious to all the details of the investigation as he was merely in forensics. But Hwang Hyunjin was far smarter than he portrayed himself and that's how he found himself in Ulleungdo, a butcher shop combined with a restaurant in the market, and dragging his detective friend working the case as well, Han Jisung, along. "Hyunjin, this feels unnecessary."