Eating A Plum// Hyunchan

Eating A Plum

Hyunchan (Hyunjin x Chan)

Genre: fluff

Status: established

Words: 4164

Bittersweet was the best way to describe what they had. The bitterness had to hit before the sweetness, even if the bitter aftertaste came back later. At first glance or first taste, biting into a plum seems like the worst possible idea ever. It's bitter, sour, and rather tasteless in the long run, but once you got to the juicy insides... everything oozed with a sugary sweetness. Though, after all of it was gone and you get to the middle, there's a bitter aftertaste that lingers for minutes at a time before you decide to bite into another one.

Moments between them were like biting into a plum, and god they were addicted to it.

The First Bite

It was absolutely infuriating. Hyunjin hadn't seen Chan in months, and he didn't even get to greet him at the airport, much less hug, kiss, and touch him until they couldn't think straight. Instead, he had to sit there in his fancy apartment, solemnly drink his red wine in his warm, fuzzy pajamas while he watched reruns of golden girls. God, was he really complaining about a dream night for him? Because of a fucking guy? Yes, yes he was because Hyunjin needed Chan and Chan wasn't there. Hyunjin was a brat, he'd admit that any day of the week, but that didn't mean he wasn't grateful for what he had. He got to do what he loved, he got to stay inside and write stories about characters in faraway lands with lives far less boring than his own, and he was successful. Hyunjin practically dripped money, but he earned that shit and there was absolutely no way he wasn't going to flaunt it a bit.

In retrospect, Hwang Hyunjin was a beauty with a pure heart and an equally as pure smile and talent, and that really wasn't that far off, but he was still human and he still had his flaws. Like being needy and a brat all the same. He was selfish and greedy at times, envious of others with more success, and didn't always follow the diet his modeling manager gave him. Hyunjin was human and that was perfectly okay. Chan told him so, and that's why he loved him so much it made his chest hurt. Though, he'd never admit that out loud to Chan, because he's pretty sure the elder rock band singer thinks this is nothing but casual. Sure, it hurt that maybe Hyunjin was nothing more than a friend with a warm mouth to Chan but he'd rather have this than nothing at all.

With a huff and an angry slam of a wine glass hitting the tabletops, Hyunjin got up from the couch and escaped out onto the balcony so he could stare out into the city blanketed by the dark of the night but the light of the moon. There weren't any stars in sight though, and Hyunjin wondered if it was because Chan had taken them all and put them in his eyes when he crossed the South Korean border. It was unlikely and rather romanticized, but Hyunjin couldn't care less. He was an author, he was allowed to be flowery at times. Hyunjin chuckled darkly at himself at the thought of all this, he really did need to get over Chan. He really, really did. So, right there, just on the balcony of his extremely nice apartment with a black and plum color scheme, Hyunjin talked to himself.

Well... more like argued with himself like an insane man but who doesn't mentally prepare for arguments? He already knew exactly what he was going to say; he was going to tell Chan he wanted to stop whatever Chan and he had and that if Chan tried to argue with it he was going to confess. It was a risky plan, but Hyunjin thought Chan should at least know the reason why he was cutting him off. If Hyunjin was lucky, Chan might not even show up at all and just let Hyunjin move on on his own. It would definitely be easier in the long run. So, if Hyunjin caught himself praying to the god above he didn't even believe in for Chan to not show up, that was his own business.