Lemon Cookies// 2chan

Lemon Cookies

2Chan (Changbin x Chan)

Genre: Fluff (With a bit of angst)

Status: Pre relationship

words: 17,798

Part 2/4 of the 'Dark Beginnings With Bright Endings' series.

Ever since uni, Changbin and Chan were a duo that was entirely unexpected but attached at the hip otherwise. Changbin was the kid who looked as if he didn't give two shits about anything or anyone except for Han Jisung, his best friend. And Chan... well, his deep eye bags, baggy hoodies, exhausted smiles, and love for music were his trademark. Chan was comfort and Changbin was poison. So how the hell did they come together?

Music and... lemon cookies.

Changbin lived with his grandmother. It wasn't as if he couldn't move out, but his grandmother might have been his favorite person in the world and he didn't mind taking care of her when she made such good food and gave him a free place to live. Changbin has always been rewarded with his grandmother's delicious lemon cookies that not quite anyone could master, but he fell in love with all the same. Sure, Changbin knew how to make them, knew the recipe like it was tattooed into his brain, but when they weren't made by his grandmother... then they just weren't the same. Changbin, even to this day, still strongly believes that whenever his back was turned, his grandmother added some secret ingredient she won't tell him but when confronted, she gasped dramatically and claimed "Lemon cookies are about love, Binnie! That's the only secret ingredient to any of this!" And Perhaps, it was true.

Changbin had been on his way to the library to study for his exams in between lessons when he met Chan for the first time. Unsurprisingly, it had been the cliche "bumping into the other on accident and send not only the items in their arms to the ground but their bodies." Except, it wasn't apologies flying around, it was half-hearted curses and insults at the other that truly didn't mean anything; the two were just frustrated. Additionally, they picked up the others' things and mixed it with their own that even made a bigger mess, but soon, after five minutes of just sitting in the corridor and sorting everything out, the two were set to leave. All until Chan's eyes locked on the container of Lemon cookies and drool began to pool on the tip of his tongue. "Are those lemon cookies?" He sounded breathy, dreamy even and Changbin flushed.

"Uh Yeah. Homemade. Grandmother's recipe." Changbin uttered shyly before opening the container and offering the elder one.

"These aren't poisoned are they?"

"It's not as if I carry poison around with me, but nice to know the lack of faith, Hyung."

And then the rest was history.

Now, it was three years after Uni, and the two were business partners of a small music production company. However, not much had changed. Chan's health still relies heavily on Changbin and Changbin still lived with his grandmother who made Lemon cookies regularly. This particular Friday morning was no doubt different from the rest and Changbin was head deep in the apartment washer and transferring everything to the dryer when Chan came stumbling around the apartment. "Bin?" The elder croaked out as if he were surprised Changbin was there despite knowing the younger had a key to his apartment. Changbin let out a shriek, hitting his head on the washer when he jumped away and let out a whimper. Chan let out snickers but came forward to cradle Changbin's head between his arms and stroking the bump along the back of Changbin's head.