To My Little Dove// Seungchan

To My Little Dove

Seungchan (Seungmin x Chan)

Genre: Angsty and then sweet

Status: Established?? I guess???

Words: 33,147

Part 3 of 3 

*Please be aware when reading the beginning of this. There are a lot of scenes involving abuse and very intense discriptions of it. I apologize in advance <33*

On April 21st, Jung Chunho entered this world at 2:03 in the morning and Seungmin would leave the castle grounds just a few short hours later.

The worst part of Seungmin's leave was that the two ended up completely exhausted from the lengthy labor Mrs. Jung fell into and weren't entirely coherent when the time finally arrived for the orphans to load up into the carriages and head back to the orphanage on the other side of the kingdom. However, despite their exhaustion, they still clung to one another tightly. "Be careful, little dove..." Chan murmured into Seungmin's forehead, clutching him tightly at the waist.

Seungmin smiled solemnly in response, "I'll try, my king."

Chan sniffled once, pulling away to look at the younger and thumbing at the necklace around Seungmin neck, "Whatever you do... do not take this off okay? Please? For me?" Chan whimpered into Seungmin's cheek as he shoved his nose into the side of Seungmin's face to hide his sadness. Seungmin let out a shaky breath and nodded his head, chin bumping against Chan's shoulder but the elder didn't mind.

"Keep Mrs. Jung and Chunho safe, okay? I couldn't bear the thought of him ending up in the orphanage," Seungmin choked and Chan's chest swelled with fond laughter as he sniffled and nodded once.

No one had the heart to tell them that it was time to go when Chan and Seungmin pulled each other into a tight embrace. "Do you... do you have to go? Just let me keep you and the rest here," Chan whined one more time and Seungmin reached a hand up to stroke along his cheek.

"This isn't goodbye, you understand that, right? You understand that I'll come back to you for as long as you'll have me, Chan." Seungmin wasn't sure if it were his words or the use of Chan's name that had Chan relaxing significantly, but he found it endearing nonetheless.

"Then stay."

"You know I can't," Seungmin sighed, and in one last act of boldness, Seungmin attempted to surge forward and kiss Chan straight on the lips but the king turned his head last second so Seungmin's lips came in contact with his cheek.

"Don't you dare kiss me," Chan huffed sadly. He sounded exhausted, "That implies a goodbye kiss and I don't want a goodbye kiss. I want a greeting kiss," Chan grumbled, and Seungmin sighed. "This isn't the end. You said it yourself."

"I'll see you when I see you, my king," Seungmin pulled himself away, and headed toward the carriages without looking back. Seungmin knew if he did, if he saw the way Chan's bottom lip wobbled and he looked lost and innocent like a child, Seungmin would stay. That would only cause more problems than necessary and Seungmin didn't want to be a social burden any more than he had to.

Chan felt like apart of himself was being ripped away as he watched Seungmin and the rest of the orphans load into the carriage. Unknown to the king, Seungmin felt the exact same way as he already broke a promise and tugged the necklace off of his neck and slipped it into his pocket to hide from his mistress later. He didn't want to take it off, but if Seungmin didn't want to lose it forever either he was going to have to.