A Flower Frozen In Time// Minchan

Minchan (Minho x Chan)

Genre: Angst

Status: Kind of established

words: 10,142

part two!

June 14, 2022

Labored breaths and burning legs were a very familiar feeling for the man with cat-like features but it had been a long time since such fear and intense feeling bloomed throughout his entire being at such an alarming rate. Minho shouldn't have been so careless as to show up somewhere that Chan could have possibly been linked to, but if the man were honest, why the fuck was Chan still working there in the first place? Did he own the damn shop or something now? Minho shuddered at the thought. Surely, Chan wouldn't root himself in a place they both agreed to hate with almost every fiber of their beings.

"Minho," Minho had just rounded a corner when there was a voice calling out in front of him, familiar, calm, and so fucking Kang Younghyun it was insane. Minho's head stuttered in movement, flickering up to meet Younghyun's eyes briefly but shifting his gaze back to the ground shyly hoping and praying that his hood would hide most of his face, "God, you never fail to give us all heart attacks on a daily basis do you?" Younghyun didn't sound angry, not even frustrated, but instead, his tone was fond and gentle and very much like a dad and Minho couldn't stop himself from surging forward and wrapping the elder into a hug.

Minho told himself he would keep it together but as soon as Younghyun's arms wrapped around his middle and the elder taller man buried his face in the side of Minho's head, the younger began sobbing, "I'm so sorry, hyung. I'm so, so sorry," Minho rasped into the air, tears gushing down his cheeks and Younghyun shushed him while rubbing gentle circles into his back. "I'm sorry for leaving, but I..." Minho choked on his words.

"You needed to, I get it. Stop crying, Min. It's okay," Younghyun laughed softly in his hair, pulling away briefly to wipe the tears away from Minho's cheek with the back of his hand but trusting Minho to get rid of the snot trails, "Let's go somewhere a bit cooler. Who the fuck wheres such dark and thick clothing in the middle of June, you idiotic man," Younghyun scolded and guided Minho down the alleyway, and toward the diner he knew Chan could get to easily. However, Minho began to mumble about how he couldn't go and that he had things to do but Younghyun, ever the persuasive man he was, knew exactly what to say to get him to agree, "Come on, Min. I haven't seen you in six years and you're just going to bail like that?" Minho's eyes flickered down to the ground, glassy and looking rather distraught before shaking his head, "That's what I thought,"

When they made it to the diner, Minho had already begun to shut himself off from the elder and refused to look him in the eyes but Younghyun remained patient and calm. "So what's been going on with you?" Minho questioned lowly, voice falling into a shy croak as he propped his leg up onto the booth but the familiar woman at the counter called out to him with a scowl.

"Lee Minho, take your dirty shoes off of my booths,"

"Sorry, Mrs. Yang!" the woman just huffed and went back to cleaning the glasses, but Minho could do nothing but grin fondly. "She hasn't aged a day," Minho grinned, happy his practical grandmother was still thriving.

"She's doing well. I think she's seeing a nice man right now," Younghyun explained, taking a sip from the glass of water, "And as for me... Not much. I have a better paying job now, though," Younghyun hummed, sounding rather content with his life but Minho quirked his eyes up in interest.