Biting Down// Minlix

Biting Down
Minlix (Minho x  Felix)
Genre: angst
Status: strangers
Words: 18,839

Part 1/5 of 'Pure Heroin'

August of 2021

The mere idea of being undefeated was toxic, almost as toxic as the idea of having complete and utter power. Ideas, granted, were what sent the world forward. It was the thoughts and ideas of brains that put society where it is now, but much like everything, there were malicious, bad fruits amongst the good ones. And as good as Lee Felix was at heart, deep down in his very soul, he was vulnerable to the toxicity just as anyone else would be. It can't be said that he strutted around like he owned the world as Chan or Changbin did sometimes, but it can be said that Felix was in fact cocky. His pride was big, but he still had his manners.

So, to put it in a way that's understandable, Felix was a hit or miss. You either liked him or you didn't. There was no gray area when it came to Lee Felix, the undefeated within the bloody, merciless ring of the underground streets and gangs. In fact, there were many times that Felix's opponents held great respect for him, so much so, that it costed them greatly during the fight. He had only killed one person in the three years he's been fighting, and it wasn't something that Felix necessarily liked remembering as he didn't lose his temper in the ring often, but when he did, he would no doubt have a lawsuit on his hands if it was professional.

Felix had already served his two years in the military when he was roped into street fighting. The man had a temper, a destructive one at that, and as soon as he was old enough, he enlisted in the military. The lieutenants were quick to break Felix of his temper and despite how hard and exhausting the whole situation was, Felix felt a lot different when he arrived back in Seoul. He was always an old soul, so it wasn't as if he had matured greatly, but it's like there was something missing. Felix's temper had practically taken control of everything in his life, but yet, there he was, content, at peace, and missing something in his life that gave him meaning.

That's when he ran into Chan again.

It had been about midday when he met the younger, silver-haired man. Chan looked like an idol trainee, and in a way, that really set Felix off. He had no idea what Chan wanted from him and he had grown paranoid during his service time, so it was no surprise when he was painfully cautious around him. Chan seemed to understand that there was something missing in Felix's life, and while Felix hated that he could read him like an open book, he was curious, to say the least. What could this wannabe music producer give Felix? And perhaps Felix wished he had never asked that question, but at the same time, he had no doubt that he would have ended up here or dead on the side of the street.

But where was he?

Well, to put it plainly, Felix was apart of a group who dabbled in organized crime and fought for them to earn money and his keep. Felix was important, yes, but he was not as important as Chan and Changbin were, so tried his best to not push his limits. Maybe that's why he lived in a nice apartment on the outside of the upper district, comfortable with his food and money income, and content with the people he lives around. Felix felt safe there, so who was he to open his mouth when Chan decided to call a rather cruel shot? It wasn't as if he or Chan were doing the dirty work, this wasn't on Felix and Chan just gave orders. Their hands were not dirty with blood and death as far as the community was aware. So keep it that way was entirely significant.

It wasn't as if he didn't know Chan, didn't know what he did from the very beginning. The two had history, history before Felix went into the military. A history that Felix was not too keen on remembering because every time he saw those lifeless eyes he once loved with every fiber of his being when Felix tried to sleep at night it never did end well. The quiet nights surely didn't help either. Felix couldn't handle silence or the dark, there was too much potential for his demons to jump out at him.