Victim's Row

Running on no sleep is simple, you just have to think extra hard when making a decision. I looked into the mirror again, this time with a new outfit, and a new idea. I pick the scissors out of my bag and hold them in my hand. I take my hair and start cutting. I cut at my chin and don't stop until I've run out of hair to cut. Almost like chopping my identity from my body

I set the scissors down and looked at my reflection. It looks much different but not different enough. I take a triangular section of hair, just like I remember doing as a child, and cut it into bangs. Now I look like myself back on that fateful June fourteenth. I open my vanity drawer and set the scissors back inside. I take small steps to the phone in my room, hung up on the wall. My fingers spin in Markus' number and I wait for an answer.

"Versinger's residency, is there anything you need?" I wasn't used to Markus being so serious. "It's Eleanor, meet me at my house with everything you need." I hung the phone up and waited on my bed for him to come in. I checked my bag for everything I needed. I didn't want to take much with me since I had more than enough money for me to stay stable for a long while. Everything was in there. I heard a knock on my door and I yelled for him to come in. His heavy footsteps tracked their way to my door. My family didn't come to greet him at the door, which was suspicious but i was thankful they didn't have to see my changes.

He peered in and saw my haircut. His eyes went wide for a brief moment and returned to a daze. "Smart idea," he commented holding his bag in his hands. I followed him outside, making sure nobody saw my new look. I got into the car and waited. Markus started the car and the radio was on, humming a song I didn't know.

"This is it," I said giving a small smile. "Yeah," Markus replied tapping on the steering wheel. It was exciting, yes, but I wasn't sure about leaving forever.

It didn't take as long as last time to arrive at the barn. I bursted into the barn and went over to the work station. Lists upon lists of names were scribbled on papers. "How will we get them?" I asked sitting on the floor. "You. The pretty little damsel in distress, or whatever character it takes to get them to trust you." I smirked and touched my hair. "We need to start soon, Markus." He took me by the hand and led me back out into the car.

It took a few minutes to find a strip mall that had everything we needed in it. A boutique and many clothing stores. I walked into the boutique, seeing the arrangements of makeup everywhere. I've had my fair share of experience with makeup since I've had a few temporary girl friends. I picked out anything I thought would help disguise my natural face.

I set everything on the conveyer belt and watched it all get rung up. The total was around one-hundred sixty dollars. I paid in cash and thanked the cashier. Markus was already in the high end clothing stores. I walked into the doors of a thrift shop, automatically falling in love with a few things I spotted.

I filled my cart full of things I wouldn't normally wear, a red silky dress, a beautiful baby pink sheer top with checkered pants, and much more. I also spotted different heels that could totally break my ankles but I'd look hot in them. I put everything on the counter and the cashier was practically eating me with his eyes. The totally was under one-hundred dollars.

I stepped out of the store with a few bags on each arm. I bumped into Markus and looked to see the massive amount of clothes he bought. I walked back to the car and set my groceries in the trunk.

"Well now we're officially rebranded, we can't really call each other by the same names now," I mentioned when we got to the barn. As we were bringing the clothes in Markus started to speak. "You're implying we change our names?" I nodded.

"For privacy's sake."