Misery Marks

I walked to the stage a day after watching and rewatching the play. It was absolute perfection, nothing missing. I spent so much time on them that I forgot to eat, and I was sure they were hungry too.

I looked up at them, and began to take Annie down first. Her hands were bloodied through the bandages but she managed to keep her makeup on. "It's okay to cry now, I know that was hard work," I said propping her up against the backdrop. She let out a few cracked sobs and I started to release Teddy. His makeup wasn't smudged, but his lipstick was almost off. "You did an amazing job for putting up such a fight," I said holding him bridal style in my arms. I propped him beside Annie and I laid down a plaid blanket.

"We're going to have a picnic, I'm sure you two are hungry. Drew is out getting food now, all we have to do is wait." I looked to see Annie opening her mouth, "what food is he getting?" I smiled touching her cheeks, "food for winners."

Within minutes Drew was back with bags full of food. He sat down on the stage with us and set the food out. Crab, sushi, all kinds of delicacies. I took a pair of chopsticks from the bag, "what would you like Annie? I'm sure you're hungry doll." She smiled a small amount, "some crab please." I picked up a piece of crab meat and stuffed it into her mouth. She chewed slowly and I watched Drew feed Teddy.

When we were done with our meal I took Annie up to the changing room. I sat her in the chair and untied the knots in the rope, making sure to do it as painlessly and quickly as possible. I undressed her, and wiped her makeup off her face. I took out a pair of black leggings and the brown sweater I wore the day of the abduction. I brought her back down and set her on the table. "Drew come put her back together!" I yelled.

Her bare pale skin against the dark metal made her look fragile and small. I heard all the joints pop back into place and I redressed her in the outfit. I guided her into the upright position and helped her start moving again. "You can help pick out an outfit for Teddy if you like?" I asked helping her off the table. She walked slowly trying to smile through the pain I knew she was going through. We made it to the room and I placed new bandages on her hands and showed her different outfits for Teddy to wear.

She chose a white button up with black dress pants and brown suspenders that matched her sweater. I watched Drew carry him up. I wiped his makeup off and asked Annie to help me undress him. She abided and soon he was in the outfit she chose for him. "Aren't we going to put him back together too?"

I shook my head no and took him back down to Drew. "Wait a moment so I can get Annie to see." I carried the weak girl down to watch. Teddy was being undressed again, and Drew went to work. Each agonizing scream was hard to listen to so I plugged my ears and stuck my face into Annie's neck. She smelled of sweat, blueberries and cotton candy. I looked up to see the job done. He was finished. A signature burned into his skin, along with another written into his skin. I helped him get dressed again and helped Annie take him into a room. I turned the light on and tried my very best to explain what I wanted.

"You need to care for your husband okay Annie? At least keep him company okay?" I left, locking the door from the outside.