Smart Snatcher

I stood in the library, near the sci-fi section with my glasses on and a dull brown sweater covering half of my body. It was almost to my knees and I had to roll up the sleeves a bit to even be able to see my hands. I actually did browse in the library, just not books.

There was a boy, maybe my age or older. He looked perfect. Gleaming blue eyes and perfect brown hair. He looked like a Ken doll, and that's what I needed. I made eye contact with him as he looked up from his book. I looked away quickly, trying to make myself look as nervous and vulnerable as possible.

I took the small pill out of my pocket and looked for something I could put it in that he would later drink out of, or eat. Beside him was a water bottle, it's cap opened and everything. I took small steps toward him. His eyes were glued to a book and he might not notice if I can distract him afterwards. I approached his table, which was luckily beside the check out counter. I set the pill into the drink and watched it fizz. I tapped on the other side of the table.

"Do you work here?" I asked him, watching him close his book and look up at me. As he began to speak the urge to lure him away grew stronger. He had a strong, stable voice. "I actually don't, but I know my way around here," he said flashing the pearly whites I needed. I smiled sheepishly, "do you know where I can find the newer releases?" I asked. Maybe playing dumb would help me a bit more.

He stood up, grabbing his water bottle and leading me to the area. "What book are you looking for?" He asked taking a big gulp of the water. By the way he was drinking the bottle would be done in two more drinks. "Dasani? Really. We all know Aquafina is better." He laughed lightly and downed the rest in one go. I let a small smirk show on my lips.

A perfect prince, all we need is a princess. I shouldn't get ahead of myself though. "Do you want to go out for coffee?" I asked checking the watch on my wrist. I had enough time. He nodded, going back to the table to pick up his books. "So did you not find what you were looking for?" I shook my head, "I can't seem to find it anywhere." He left it at that luckily, I didn't have to make up a fake book name.

We walked out of the library together and down to my car. "I don't live far from here, I walked," he said answering my expression. He sat in the passenger's seat and buckled his seatbelt. I started the car, letting soft classical music pour out of the speakers. "Where are you going?" I smiled preparing a lie, "there's this one place a bit farther out of town that just opened up." Seconds after that I could see him struggling to keep his eyes closed. It wouldn't be far until we were there anyway.

Minutes later we arrived at the barn. My stomach had butterflies in it. Hopefully Markus found the perfect girl for the role. I opened the passenger door and unbuckled the guy. I held the precious prince in my arms all the way to the barn. He was knocked out cold. Inside the barn we prepared for the show. In the little upstairs space were dressing rooms, well, a single vanity and a dresser. On the vanity were pounds of makeup, ready to be used on our dolls. I took the prince up and set him in the chair.

I took the leather straps and strapped him down into the chair. There was no reason for the prince to leave anyway, he was a perfect actor. I heard the barn doors open and checked my watch. It was Markus. In his arms he held a beautiful princess. She had hair of gold and a petite frame. She was wearing a pale blue shirt with a white skirt and knee high socks. I locked eyes with Markus, and he looked excited.

"All ours! All ours to play with!" He exclaimed. "No, not to play with. They're actors, we need them to do as told so the show goes well," I corrected pinching the unconscious boy's cheek a little.