Happy Hour

I bring my hand to my head and find that my hands are bound together. "Eleanor! Nice to see that you have awoken."

I resist the urge to break down and start crying. "Markus, we're friends. You cannot be doing this." He only looks at me with a sad smile on his face. "Look Elly, I'm just afraid of you leaving me. So I've bound you." I look carefully at the knot and notice it wasn't tied very well. "Markus, this knot isn't right. Don't you remember how I taught you?"

I can't believe how calm my voice is sounding. My thoughts are stagnant and I can't feel anything anymore. He bent down and inspected the knot. He pulled out a knife from in his pocket and began to cut through the rope.

I stood up when he finished and noticed our height difference. Markus was becoming a man now, a ruthless murderer too. "You and I both know how this is going to end," I said to him, grabbing his hand and starting for the exit. "Let's make the most of this."

It didn't take long for us to make it to a bar and sit down for a drink. We weren't carded or anything, and they served us our orders. I ordered a Bloody Mary, and Markus ordered a simple rum and coke. "I can't believe we've come so far," Markus commented.

"Me neither," I said getting up from my chair and leaving a bundle of cash on the counter. Markus followed me with his drink in his hand and we left the bar, and started for the car.