Senses for Granted

The extraction was said and done now and I walked down to check in on the two. "Only a two things left to do," Markus said, a menacing smile perched on his lips. I nodded, studying how the blood was cleaned and he was in a new outfit. "That was a hell of a lot of work," Jerec was now passed out. I walked over to him. "I bet," I replied spreading his lips to find the bare gums still bleeding a little.

My stomach didn't churn, my head didn't spin, I just wanted to do more. Perhaps I just wanted to get it over with. "When are we taking his hearing?" I asked looking up to see Markus wiping his hands on his shirt. "When he wakes up. We have to have him awake." I began to dig around in the tools, finding a long pointed piece of metal. It wasn't as thick as a pencil, but it wasn't as thin as a toothpick. I held it in my hands, watching Jerec begin to squirm.

"He's really going to learn from this," Markus said walking up to the table. Jerec's eyes were squeezed shut now, trying to block out all the light. "Open your eyes, you're going to want to see this." I walked over to the table, watching his steel blue eyes open. His pupils were expanded with fear and I could feel his uneasiness. Without warning Markus took the skewer and held it to a lighter, making the end glow red. He jabbed it quickly into Jerec's left ear, a piercing scream gurgling from in his throat.

The same process followed his other ear. The scream being muffled by his shirt this time. I felt an ounce of pity for him. Such a good looking man, maybe he was going to do something amazing, but considering his situation, he wasn't. He was meant to be here, with his straight teeth and perfect vision. He was up for grabs, and was stupid enough to play into my trickery.

Now he was freaking out. Screaming his lungs out any chance he could get. "Might as well use the same skewer," I commented seeing Markus go to set down the skewer. "Let's play around with him," I said walking toward the drawer. I took out a rusty spoon, the kind you'd get at an antique shop. "Let's just gouge his eyes out," Markus said with a laugh. An ongoing joke from a while back, perfect for this situation.

With those words we both walked over to his left side. Markus teased the man's eye by putting the skewer dangerously close to his eye. "Don't we have one of those things that hold his eye open?" I asked walking back to the work station, digging through papers and old tools.

"Aha!" I exclaimed taking it in my other hand and walking back to him. His eyelids were placed into the contraption and Markus placed the bloodied skewer right over his pupil. With a small amount of force he punctured his eye. I quickly took the spoon and plunged it into his eye socket, trying to remove it as quick as possible.

After the eyes were finished we were done. He could speak, not very well, but that was it. All senses, which taken for granted, were gone.