Monster No More

We made it to a location I couldn't name. Large cliffs that protected you from the water. It was cold, wet, and dark. I didn't expect my life to come to an end like this, but now I knew it would happen this way. Markus reached into the glovebox and pulled out two pills, deadly I assume.

"These were experiments of a lifetime huh," he said handing me a pill. We walked out to the edge of the cliff, I had my shoes pulled off and the rock was slippery. The water was crashing down below us. It was beautiful, perhaps calming. If only I didn't know I was about to watch someone die. "The pact still stand?" Markus was about to put the pill in his mouth. I nodded and gulped as I watched him pop the pill in his mouth and swallow.

In an act of rebellion I threw the pill over the cliff and stared at Markus. His face looked shocked and I couldn't help but laugh in his face. "You're fucking stupid! After all you've done to me?" I looked down at my arms, scar after scar, bruises and fresh cuts. I never took into consideration the amount he hurt me. I walked slowly to him and grabbed him by the collar, making sure to bring him very close to the edge. "I know who you have to thank for this strength, the fight club. I'll never be able to see them again Markus."

As strong as he looked, he was lanky and weak. I could break him emotionally right now. "You deserved everything that happened to you, Markus. I should've never played with you on that day. I should have reported you to the police when I could've. Now my family is dead and you will be too."

He could only get out a choked out sob before I pushed him over the cliff. He hit the water with a slap and sunk down. I wasn't going to go back to normal living. I knew I wasn't going to be normal again. These experiments ended too many lives. I neared the edge of the cliff, my bare feet felt each edge of the rock. It was smooth. I looked up into the sky for a last time and with the last bit of courage I had, I jumped.

The cold water hit me first, then the sinking began. The waves were too heavy to battle and I let go of life with one last thought in my head, "I deserved this."