Release

I briefly remember the events of last night. Now all I can remember is Markus coming upstairs, and seeing me freaking out. Purple pills were in his hand and everything went fuzzy. Now I sit on the floor scrubbing the blood out of the tiles, with the guy we had missing. "Please Markus just tell me where you brought him!" I couldn't handle not knowing, it was my crime and I had to know where the man went. "Eleanor Rose don't you think that some things are better kept a secret?" The words were so cold, so menacing.

"Weren't you proud of me for catching the boy in the beginning? I've done just as much work as you have!" My nails were covered in blood and my tears were falling onto the freshly cleaned tiles. "Oh, so you want to play the game like that?" He approached me, towering over my small frail frame. He looked more terrifying than ever. His eyes were so sunken in, the blues so desaturated that his eyes appeared grey. Purple veins painted on his skin and dots of blood covering every part of him. He raised a pale hand and struck down to slap my face.

I felt every single ounce of hope shatter inside my body. I stood up slowly to face him. I mustered up the courage I had and hit him back. "You crazy fucking criminal!" My voice carried throughout the warehouse and I felt my skin bubble with heat. Suddenly the voices of our victims, Jerec, Teddy, and especially Annie. They were screaming out to me and I had to cover my ears. There was nothing I could do anymore and I just crawled into a ball and stared at Markus. His jaw was clenched and I could see his fist ready to hit me. The screaming slowed down and he sat into the floor with me and cradled my body.

"What have I done to you?"