Chapter 2

Camila POV

Today is the first day of school at Santa Monica High School. It sems like a nice place I guess, but I hate the first day of school... everytime it is always the same thing - embarassment and awkwardness and I get sick to my stomach. I hate teachers that ask me to tell the class about myself, as you can guess i'm not that good with public speaking. I hate it actually but whatever... im starting to get use to it. 

I walked into the school and I noticed that it's really nice because the beach is literally across the street... how crazy is that!?  Also, the elemetary is next door so I can pick up Sophie with no problem. 

"Bye girls, have a good day!" My mom called out as we got off the car and we waved bye. 

"Do you want me to take you inside your school kiddo?" I asked sophie and she nodded. "Please Kaki". She pouted and I smiled holding her small hand and walking up the elementary steps. I went into the office with her and a lady behind the desk walked up to us. "Hello, how may I help you?" she asked with a big smile which made me feel instantly comfortable. "Hi there, it's my younger sisters first day and I was wondering if I could get her class number and take her there? She is kind of scared." The lady looked down to Sophie who was half hiding behind me and smiled "Of course! Hi how are you sweetie?" She said to soph and sophie walked out from behind a little "good and you?" she asked back. "I'm excellent... so happy that you are here, you're going to have an amazing time here, I promise!". The kind Lady put her hand out for Sophie to shake and she took it gladly. "thank you!". " So what is your name?" she asked. " Sophia Cabello" she replied. The lady nodded and typed in a couple things into the computer". Alright Sophie... it looks like you are in room 103 with Ms. Soltys... Wow shes a really nice teacher really the best." Sophie had a huge smile on her face and i kissed the top of her head ". If you want I'll walk you girls there?" I nodded. "That would be perfect actually. Thank you so much!".

The lady walked with down the hall and she stopped infront of the room that said 103. "Here we are girls, i promise it'll be the best... okay sophie?". Soph nodded and smiled. "Well girls I have to get back but if you need anything at all come to me okay? Im Ms. Rodriguez". Sophie gave her a hug and I smiled, patting my little sisters back. "Thank you so much Ms. Rodriguez". She walked away and I got on my knees in front of my baby sister. "Alright Sophie, this is it... you got this right?". She nodded and kissed my cheek "Thank you Kaki". I smiled and hugged her tight "I'll be right outside by the flag pole when your school ends cool?" I said and she gave me a salute. "Yes mam". I giggled and kissed my sisters head. "Butterfly number 1?" she said and I nodded "Butterfly number 2!". She walked into the class room taking a deep breath. "Good luck baby " I said and she nodded and walked in .

I looked at my phone time and it was 8... Shit! I'm late! I ran out to the High School next door and into the office "Hi .. hi ... umm... I need my schedule". I said out of breath and the office lady giggled. "Relax.. is this your first day?" she asked and i nodded. "Yes im so late.. i was dropping my little sister off and...". She giggled cutting me off. "It's fine, it's only your first day so it's fine!". I sighed in relief and she smiled shaking her head. "What's your full name?" "Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao". She stopped typing after Karla and looked at me strangly... "Wow... long name.. are you spanish?" she asked. "Yes im Cuban and Mexican". She smiled and continued typing " thats nice.. alright here is your schedulel". I nodded and looked at the period 1 - English . "The block schedule is 135 then 246". I gave her a thumbs up. "Thank you so much!"  I said and I walked to the first 246.

"Hello and who might you be?" The man asked. "Camila Cabello" I said and he took my schedule. "Oh yes i see... welcome to Santa Monica". I smiled and nodded gratefully. "Class this is Camila, she is new so make her feel welcomed!" ...Oh boy... not this again... I turned slowly to the rest of the class but instead of the annoyed looks im usually use to there was alot of smiling faces some sleeping and one that really caught my attention. There was this girl with amazing green eyes and she had long black hair, a leather jacket .. boots... she looked really bad ass.. kind of scary.. but bad ass.