Chapter 5

Camila POV

After school i left with Dinah to the elementary school and i saw Sophie standing outside talking to some kids " Kaki! " She screamed and ran to me jumping in my arms " Hey beautiful " I said hugging her tight.. " D DAWG! " I heard a little girl say and she ran up to Dinah " Hey G " She said to i guess her little sister " DINAHHH " three boys and a girl screamed running up to her " Hey you munchkins " She said hugging them " Wow .... are these all your brothers and sister?" I asked " Naw this is my sister G and my cousins Alex, Jason, Bryan and Lily " i waved hi to them and Sophie ran up to G hugging her " Kaki this is my new best friend! " She said and i giggled " Wow sophie well this is my new friend too! " I said running up to Dinah like she just did and Dinah gasped " BEST friends! " She said emphazing Best.. " Really?" I said in disbelief ... Dinah nodded and i smiled " I never had a best friend before " I said quietly.. not really thinking what i was saying.. Dinah must have saw it in my face cause she nodded giving me a hug " Best Friends " She said and i felt so good " Awesome " After talking for a while our mom finally drove up to the school and Sophie and I waved bye to our new friends " Whos that?" My mom asked while we sat in the car " Our new best friends! " Sophie said and i giggled " Yeah shes right " i said with a big smile and my mom smiled and kissed my forhead giving me a knowing look ..

When i got home i took my phone out of my book bag turning it on while walking up the stairs and i had 3 missed calls from Lauren .. I got to my room shut the door and put my bag on my bed dialing her number back and laying on the bed " Hey Camila " Lauren said " Hi Lauren wahts up you called?" I said while playing with the strings on my shoes trying to untie them " Oh nothing i was just wondering if you were busy " she said and i looked around " Umm not at the moment no why?" i asked and i could almost see her smile even though we are just on the phone " Excellent well i was just walking around ... noticed i was on your street with a pic nic blanket and a blanket and just thought.. why not take the beautiful Camila Cabello on a sorry pic nic " she said as if this wasnt planned at all and i just laughed " Oh you.. you are one crazy chick arent you " I say " Yeap! basiclly.. so why dont you come outside and we can start our sorry date " she said cutely " OH so now its a date Jauregui?" i said suprised with the biggest smile on my face, thank god she isnt here im blushing so hard " Well yes... i was planning on taking you out on a date anyways so i thought why not now... " She said and i put the phone away from my face for a minute taking a deep breath in trying not to squeal at her cuteness and put the phone back on my cheek " Ill be down stairs in five " i said hanging up my phone .. i quickly went into my closet picking out some high waisted jean shorts, a white crop top with sun flowers, converse and a white bow and ran down stairs " Mom is it alright if a friend shows me around town she suprised me outside " I said and she nodded " yes but keep your phone on and be safe mija " I gave her a thumbs up and kissed sophies head and ran out of the house.

" There you are... looking cute as ever Ms. Cabello " Lauren came up to me kissing me on the cheek and handing me a daisy " This is my favirote flower how did you know?" i asked a bit suprised " I just guessed... you seemed like that type of girl " She said walking down to her car and i followed her " Whats that suppose to mean?" i said a bit defensivly " A hipster " She said opening the door to her midnight blue mustang for me " I see... " I said sliding in... she walked around to the other side and got in starting up the car " Nice ride " I said looking around " Thanks .. shes my baby " i giggled at that " Seriously dude?" she nodded and i rolled my eyes " But your babe number 2" Lauren said winking at me and i pretended to gag " Yeah right " she pouted and i kissed her cheek automaticlly... as i sat back in my seat i realized what i just did and cursed myself in my head " My cheek has a million tingles " She said glancing at me " Dont be embarassed or anything.. " Lauren said and i nodded " Thanks.. sorry i mean... yeah " stuttered and she laughed parking the car " Shhh dont think so much Camz " Lauren said and i felt myelf blush 10 times harder then i was " Camz?" i asked curiously " Camz.. short for Camila your name... my nick name for you... Camz " She explained "Everyone usually shortens it to Mila " I said getting off the car with her " Hmm is it alright that i call you that?" Lauren asked looking concerned and i nodded " Of course " Lauren smiled and picked up the pic nic basket and blanket from the back seat of the car and she held my hand walking us to a beach " Wow i love the beach! " I said excited " Who dosent " She said laying the blanket down in the sand and putting her shoes on two corners " Can you put yours on the other two corners?" She asked and i nodded slipping off my sneakers placing them where she asked and digging my toes in the sand " Finally.. i havent been to the beach in forever " I said taking in the sea air and feel " You seem to really enjoy it " She said sitting on the blanket and i sat next to her " Yeah well my dad brang me and my sister to the beach every weekend when my mom was working " she nodded and put her hand on top of mines .. i really like the way she always wants to hold it " Ive noticed you talk about your dad sometimes but ive never seen him.. does he live with you?" i looked down at the waves and thought about what i was going to say... i never had to explain this to anyone until now.. i dont even know what to say " Well... " I started... i wanted to say the next line thats running threw my head but it wont come out "You dont have to say it... but if you want " she said " No no its fine... " i said running my fingers threw my hair " Okay... when i was 15 my dad and I got into a car accident on our way home... he didnt survive because he got in front of me and saved my live.. " I said feeling tears stream down my cheeks " Sophie was only 3 or 4 ... she never really got to be with him .. but he was my best friend.. I went to him for everything, we hung out every weekend, he always took me on the greatest adventures and i never grew out of it " i took a deep breath in and Lauren wiped my cheeks " Your very strong camila.. " She said and i rolled my eyes " Thats what everyone said but what did i do... nothing.. now hes gone " I said truthfully " Its not what you did Camz its how you feel.. how you kept it together helped your mom out and never stopped loving your dad or your family.. thats what makes you strong " I thought about what she said for a minute and i slight smile came across my face " I never thought of it like that " i said quietly and she smiled kissing my forhead " Well now you can "