Selfless People |9|

"Yeah, she is my fiancée." Yoongi answers for the 23rd time.

"B-But—"

"Remember when I told you that my parents wanted me to marry someone I don't like? Well, it was Haesoo." He says and I nod, confusedly. "Why do you even care, Jaehee?" He asks me in an irritated tone.

"Why do I care? Because I just got beaten up by her, duh!" I exclaim and he sighs.

"That's right. It's my fault. Sorry, Jaehee." He says as he looks at my wound right beside my lips. "Did she slap you there?"

"Huh? Oh..yeah..I guess?" I say in a small voice. I was just too embarrassed by the fact that I had actually got beaten up. "But she has an even redder one! I slapped her harder!" I exclaim and he starts chuckling.

"I'm really sorry for this." He says as he caresses the red marks on my cheek. "But you were also very good. Haesoo's always been kind of an antagonist." He explains.

"But why are your parents forcing you to marry her?" I ask him.

"Because she is the daughter of Kingzz'z Mattresses, the biggest mattress company of Korea. My parents thing that it would just make their business bigger."

"And that's really selfish."

"We live in a world where everybody cares about themselves. A very less number of people are selfless, and unfortunately, I can't find selfless people around me." He sighs. "People should treasure others who are selfless."

I just listen to him, and start thinking about Jinoo. She is selfless. I suddenly started feeling an uneasy sensation in my stomach. It was guilt.

"But don't worry, I'm not gonna marry Haesoo. I don't do bitches." He says and I snap out of my thoughts.

"And why would I worry if you marry that fox face?" I ask him.

"Just like that. Thought you were interested." He smiles. "Don't you wanna get ready though? We have school. Go back to your apartment and change your uniform, it's demolished." He says and I nod.

When I entered my apartment, I directly go into my room to change my uniform and redo my hair and makeup. It was 7:45 right now and the school started at 8:15. Eh, I still have an hour.

I start applying my makeup. Yoongi said that my face is kinda pale without makeup. After I finish my necessities, I get out of my apartment and start walking towards school. Doesn't matter, he is kinda pale too.

When I entered the class, Mrs. Choi looked at me with a furious expression.

"Song Jaehee, you're late." She says and I roll my eyes.

"I'll go for the Detention so save it." I say and the entire class gasp.

"Song Jaehee didn't argue with the teacher?"
"There must be someone hot in the Detention."
"What's up with her? She didn't argue or defend herself!" Whispers could be heard.

I ignore all of them and sit on my seat, and not look at Yoongi. I didn't look at him, because I already knew that he was looking at me.

**********
"Hey Jaehee, you seem a little down lately. Want me to get some coffee?" Jinoo pops out of thin air, and asks me. I give her an irritated glare.

"You're my friend, not my servant. Just sit here with me and let's talk." I say and her eyes widen up.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asks me with a terror.

"Wha-no! Just sit!" I exclaim as I pat the seat beside me.

"O-Okay.." She, hesitantly, sits beside me.

"So, what's going on with your life? It's been a while since we have talked, you know." I smile at her and she looks at me with an astonished expression.

"Urm...nothing great? I just...yeah. Nothing great." She says.

"Hey, what's wrong? Tell me." I ask her as I notice a little tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

"Huh? No, nothing. Really." She gives me a fake smile.

"I want the truth, Jinoo. What's wrong? Tell me." I ask her with a sweet voice.

"It's jus-just that..I cant believe that we are actually talking like good friends right now. It's friendship only, right?" She asks me and I smile.

"I'm sorry, Jinoo, for being a bitch." I say as I hug her and she breaks down. I give myself a sad smile. Shit man, I was a total bitch to this person. I hug her tighter. I notice some gazes on us but that was the last thing in my mind right now.

My gaze suddenly shifted towards Yoongi who had an ugly smug of his face. I roll my eyes and pull myself away.

"Let's go out and get ourselves some coffee, yeah?" I ask Jinoo and she nods happily.

*After School, Detention.*

I sat inside the Detention room where nobody was present. Is everybody in this school a good student or are they that bad that they miss Detention? I put my head on the desk, to wait for that specific person. He didn't take long though.

"Hey." He says as he enters the classroom. "Did you accept the Detention because you knew that I'd be here?" Yoongi says and I roll my eyes.

"Nuh-huh! You narcissist. I accepted detention because I didn't want to argue with Choi. I was in no mood." I lie.

"Oh, okay." He chuckles and sits on the teacher's desk. "I like what you did with Jinoo though." He says.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything." I avert my eyes.

"Of course." He scoffs with a smile of him face. "Today, for some reason, you just look charming." He says and I widen my eyes up.

He called me...charming?

"What's wrong with you? Just hours ago, you were calling me a pale faced per—"

"You are pretty, Jaehee." He smiles at me and I stop talking. "And I know that heart of yours is pretty too." He says and I just stare at him with my mouth ajar.

"W-What?" I stammer and he smiles.

"Take a rest, Jae. Do your thing and I'll do mine. Good night." He says and leans his head on the desk and goes to sleep.

Okay, I just don't understand him anymore.

In the first second, he'll be like 'oh nerds are dangerous people hmm' and in the next second, he'll be like 'you're pretty, Jaehee hehehe' like what?

I lean on my desk too, exhaustedly.

I had received a lot of comments on my never ending beauty, indeed, but after when he said that I looked pretty, why does this tingle in my body increase all of the sudden? I still couldn't understand him. His smallest gestures could make my day. Why?

Now what should I do? This is getting weirdly weird. I can't stop thinking about this asshat. He disgusted me two weeks ago, I clearly remember. I used to detest his name. "Oh! Min Yoongi will become the president someday!" My foot! But I can't stop it now.

I feel my heart fluttering.