Social Gatherings |16|

"Can you please wear something decent for once?" Yoongi sighs as he notices what I was wearing.

"What's wrong with this?" I exclaim as I take a look at myself in the reflection of his car. "Hot shorts are in fashion right now, okay! My crop top slays too!"

"But we are going to my parent's house, you genius. They are really old fashioned." Yoongi replies as he gets inside his car.

"I don't even know why I'm going there." I roll my eyes as I follow Yoongi into his car.

"Choi caught us kissing. I want you to talk with them and tell them that you brainwashed me." Yoongi dryly says and starts the engine.

"Ah." I scoff. "Excuse me? I'm not the one at fault here! You were the one who kissed me first in the party that night!"

"And you were the one who suggested to do it again!"

"You shouldn't listen to me! I'm dumb and you're smart! Don't you get it?"

"And you should shut the fuck up now! I'm driving!"

And with that, the atmosphere in Yoongi's car became dry.

Awkward.

**********
I hate social gatherings to the core of my spirit.

I lightly wipe off the cream I had on my lips with the napkin provided to me. Yoongi was still drinking his coffee.

"Soo.." Yoongi's mom looks at me. "She...forced you?"

"Yeah." Yoongi says as he glares at m—ouch! Yoongi hits me under the table.

"Y-Yes, I did." Giving up, I finally answer. His mom sighs.

"Yoongi, I don't care. You'll have to marry Haesoo. We are having a business crisis over here." His mom says.

"Obviously you'll have a business crisis if you sell mattresses for a living." Yoongi speaks under his breath and I chuckle. His mom glares at me again.

"There are a lot of people who love to sleep on comfortable, soft and bouncy mattresses. Sadly, they don't have enough money or cannot find the perfect fit for themselves. That's why—we sell mattresses. Our business can become even bigger if you marry Haesoo. She's a lovely girl." Yoongi's mom continues to boast around about their business and Haesoo while I snort out. Lovely girl, buffalo's ass.

"—while I don't understand how can you be seduced so easily by this bag of dump." His mom hissed and I narrowed my eyebrows. "And what's with that attire? Cover some skin, jeez."

"Bag of dump? Have you never looked at yourself? Tell me about it, when was the last time you gave your husband constipation?" I smirk and Mr. Min, who was sitting beside Yoongi, chokes on his drink. "And what's with all that makeup? You still look like a Dracula with all that expensive flour on your face." I saw and Yoongi's mom's eyes widen up in shock.

"Jaehee, manners." Yoongi murmurs and I roll my eyes. "Okay, listen. Me and my friends have formed a band instead of doing what we were doing." Yoongi coughs uncomfortably. "Give us one year, and till then, we'll train and find an entertainment company for ourselves. If we fail to do so, then I'll happily marry Haesoo."

"Convincing." Mrs. Min nods. "Me and your dad will give you a year. By next year November, if you're not signed in under an entertainment company, you'll have to marry Kang Haesoo to save our business."

"Deal."

**********
Breakfast at Yoongi's house was bad. The food was good, but the people who organised it were bad. I could easily tell that Yoongi felt very small and insecure in that house.

After we finished the Breakfast, me and Yoongi left. But before leaving, I noticed Yoongi's mom giving me a funny 'I'll kill you if I see you again' look. I returned that by a 'try me, bitch' look.

"So this was a good waste of time." I say.

"What? No, not at all! I finally got a year to do my own thing now! Till then, I can focus more on music and have an excuse to dodge Haesoo." Yoongi exclaims in happiness as he drives us back to our building.

"But I went there for nothing. Wait—you took me there for nothing." I say.

"So you didn't want to come?"

"Absolutely not. Such a wastage of time."

"Then you were actually willing to give the math test we had today?"

"Wait—we had a math test today?" I widen my eyes up in shock and he starts laughing.

"You're such an idiot, man." He chuckles and I smile.

I made him smile.

**********
"B-But I promised him for an year!"

"Isn't your company at a big loss right now? You should worry about that."

"Yeah, it sure is but he is my son after all, isn't he? He has dreams and I want them to be fulfilled—"

"It's that girl."

"What?"

"The way he looked in those two eyes while you both argued over breakfast, I could easily tell that he has a thing going for her. It's that girl. I know Yoongi, he can't have dreams. He's literally made of rock. The moment my daughter, Haesoo, turns 18, she'll be waiting at the church wearing an expensive white wedding gown for him. I'm your only option right now. Either you give Yoongi to my daughter, or let your company drown in debts. I don't like that Jaehee girl. Get her out of the way."

"I-I don't think that it's that girl's fault—"

"Get her out of the way."