Chapter 3

(A/N: I know that I don't get that many reads, but I just still want to let you guys know what's happening. I'm going to try and start posting a chapter every other day or so, or whatever I have time for. Thanks, guys!) 

Chapter 3

~

Jean's POV

~

When I had to leave for work, it felt like my little world was ending. My world with Marco, anyways. I grabbed the keys to our red truck off the counter and kissed Marco on the cheek before heading out the door. 

When I got to the car, I pushed the keys into the ignition, and heard the deep growling of the engine. The IHOP I worked at was about a five minute drive away from our apartment complex. I turned on the radio to hear Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance on the radio. Marco's favorite MCR song. 

I pulled into the near empty parking lot of the breakfast chain. After removing the keys from the car, I grabbed my jacket and left the truck. I was pretty good friends with most of the other workers here, but a girl named Sasha was a close riend of mine. She was parking her car next to mine when I got out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                

"What's up, gay boy?" she asked me, punching my arm jokingly. Sasha was only half in uniform, wearing a black tank top instead of the blue shirt.                                                                                                                        

"Sasha, are you crazy? You almost got fired last time, when you kept eating customer's bacon? If I were you, I'd change like asap."  Jean said, punching her back. She was on a short enough leash already.                                                                                                                                                                                      

"So what if I get fired? At least I got to eat some bacon first." she said, pulling the uniform shirt out of her bag. She pulled it on over her tank top as we approached the door. 

We parted ways then, starting to do things we had to do before it opened for customers. Sasha folded napkins and I washed dishes. We had about thirty minutes before we opened for the public. As i was loading more silverware into the dishwasher, Sasha came over and bumped her hip into mine.                                                                                                                                                                                    

"So, how are things with Marco?" She asked, pulling a mint from her pocket. She obviously stole it from the bowl next to the register.                                                                                                                                                        

"What do you mean?" I asked, throwing another fork into the silverware holder in the dishwasher.                                        

"I mean, like, are you guys still together?" she asked, biting the mint, her auburn hair swinging in its ponytail.                                                                                                                                                                                         

"Why would you ask that? Of course we're still together. I mean, we've been together for the past three years, why would we split up now." I answered. I finished loading the dishwasher and slammed it shut. I hit a few buttons and heard it start running. 

"Who knows. Things can change whenever." She said, putting another mint into her mouth. "Sorry. I mean, hat probably sounded really rude." she said, fixing her hair.                

"Yeah, it kinda did sound rude. It's okay though. But Marco and I are still together. Actually, I have a confession to make." I said. I felt myself blushing and I can tell Sasha noticed it too. 

"Do tell." Sasha said, mockingly. She kicked her leg out and fanned herself with her hand. I glared at her and she giggled before stopping. "But seriously, tell me." she said, getting serious.                                

"Well, okay then. You can't tell anyone though, you'd be the first person I tell, and I still want this to be a secret." I inhaled. "Okay, I love Marco, and I want to be with him." I said, blushing again. Sasha looked puzzled.

"Jean, you kinda are already in a relationship with Marco... wait, Jean! Do you mean?!" she practically squealed. 

"Yeah, I do. I'm going to ask Marco to marry me."