Epilogue

Epilogue

"Are you ready?" Sasha rubbed his shoulder. Next to his side were his two friends Sasha and Armin. Armin handed him a cloth to wipe the sweat off his face.

"As ready as I'll ever be." he made eye contact with Eren in the audience, who gave him a thumbs up. The priest nodded at some lady at a piano, who started playing. Marco had 3 bridesmaids... groomsmaids? Whatever they were called, Ymir, Mikasa and Annie walked down the isle wearing orange dresses the two men had picked out.

Sasha should be out there with them, but she asked to wear a suit to be able to stand by Jean's side.

Marco followed them, joined to his mother at the arm.

He looked perfect in the white suit he picked, even though they both thought white was cliche.

The ceremony lasted a grand total of eighteen minutes. Both men agreed that marrige was more a celebration than a ritual.

The reception was on the roof of some hotel in downtown Denver. Marco was right, if they had the wedding in the afternoon, the sunset would be a perfect backdrop.

Marco got really drunk. He tried to sing Hey Jude by the Beatles and ended by throwing up in a potted plant. Not that it stopped Jean from kissing him.

They got a cake form a cute bakery down the street from their appartment, rainbow frosting and everything.

Whatever the little details were, they didn't matter. When some 11 year old tried to play One Direction, Jean would have normally had a bitch fit, but he didn't.

Nothing mattered more to him than seeing Marco alive and in his arms, and knowing he'd be his forever.