Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~

Jean's POV

~

        The drive to the hospital was infuriating. I hit two red lights in the six minute drive. I rolled my window down, and I'll admit to shouting at a minimum of six people. I flipped two of them off. Pulling into the parking lot, I jumped out of the car before I completely pulled into the parking spot. Marco's mom wasn't in the waiting room. She was probably talking with Marco. 

        "I need to see Marco Bodt." I slammed my hands on her desk. The receptionist glanced at a paper on a clipboard and pushed her glasses up on her nose. 

        "His mother went in to see him three minutes ago. You can see him when she comes out. Please have a seat until then." she pointed a pen at the waiting area. I groaned and moved back to the couch I slept on. It still smelled like gross hospital products. 

        Marco's mom came out eleven minutes later. The minute she stepped into the waiting room I jumped up and tried to move past her. She grabbed my shoulder. 

        "Jean, listen to me. Marco's in shock. He's not taking it very well. Just... understand why he's acting like this." I exhaled and pushed her hand off me. I slammed into the receptionist's desk again. 

        "Where's Marco?" I said through my teeth. She stood up. 

        "Follow me." she said, bitterly. She led me down a long hallway. I could tell we were getting closer to Marco. I could hear him sobbing loudly. She opened the door for me and Marco's sobs were enhanced. 

        "Marco! Oh my god, I missed you so much!." I said, embracing him. The receptionist shut the door on us. Tears were still streaming down Marco's face. He sobbed onto my back and I felt his warm tears through my shirt. He released me from his arms and I sat on the bed by his feet- foot. 

        "What do you remember?" I asked him. He slumped back on the bed. 

        "Not a damn thing! I was driving to work, and I wake up here, without one of my legs! WHO'S FUCKING CHOICE WAS THAT ANYWAYS?!" he screamed. He started crying again and put his face in his hands. I put my hand on his leg and I felt around for the other before remembering it wasn't there. 

        "It's okay. You're alive. Everything is going to be okay." he pushed his hands into the sides of the bed. 

        "It's not okay, Jean! Maybe for you, but you're not missing a fucking leg! They told me my leg needed time to heal before I could be fitted prosthetic! I'M STUCK IN A WHEELCHAIR FOR TWO FUCKING MONTHS!" he screamed again. I can understand why Mrs. Bodt warned me. Marco barely ever yelled. I had no idea what to say. I loved Marco, and I wanted to help, but I couldn't do anything. Marco started crying again, and I moved closer to him. 

        "It dosn't matter. Everything will be fine, as long as we're together." I said. There was a knock at the door. It clicked open and the receptionist was there with her clipboard. 

        "Sir, you're going to have to let Marco get some rest. He went through some pretty major surgery, and sleep is the best thing for him now." I stood up from kneeling by Marco. I kissed his forehead and followed the receptionist. 

        "It's going to be okay. We can get though this." I said. Before turning the corner I heard Marco say something between sobs. 

        "Don't leave..."