Stan wants the tea

We were both collapsed, both a little exhausted, in Kyle's massive Emperor sized bed, kissing and giggling as I found we do on so many evenings. The pillows and blankets were deliciously soft and the evening was rolling by perfectly with the evening's sun lazily shining in through the bedroom windows.

All was well, that is, until I rolled onto my back to stare resignedly at the bed's decadent canopy. Kyle got up on one arm and looked over at me, concerned, his curly red hair sticky out in all directions as it always does when he's hatless.

"Stan? Is something wrong?" he asked, his voice gentle and soothing as usual.

"What? No, no," I lied not wanting to upset or worry him; he has enough on his plate.

"Stan, you know you can tell me anything. I tell you everything," he said, sporting a dejected expression on his face and an upset tone to his voice. I mentally groaned. Now I have to explain or he's going to be depressed until I do.

"Well, it's just that, you know how we're both sixteen now," Kyle gave me an uncertain nod. "And we've been together for about four years-"

"Are you, do you want to break up with me?" interrupted Kyle sounding like I'd just trodden on his heart. His expression looked distraught, and I was willing to do anything to fix it.

"No! No, no, no, no, no," I said frantically, feeling like I'd just murdered ten puppies. I shuffled quickly over to Kyle and wrapped my arms around him tightly. Then, a horrifying thought occurred to me. "Do you?!"

"No!" responded Kyle, sounding outraged at the suggestion and wrapping his arms around me in response as if I'd leave if he loosened his grip even slightly. "No, Stan, I'm sorry; just please tell me what's up."

I took in a deep breath. "Well, it's just, all we've ever done is kiss, and, I don't know, it's stupid, but sometimes I worry you find me unattractive or I'm unappealing in some way-" Kyle was as bright red as a radish and was rapidly shaking his head in disagreement.

He then wriggled out of my grasp and hid his head under a pillow. "No, Stan, it's not like that at all," he said his voice muffled by the pillow. I patiently waited for him to elaborate. He sighed, "I should have explained this a long time ago. But, honestly, I'm a little confused as to what you're talking about. Elves don't really reproduce until we're about thirty. Do humans do it younger?" Kyle asked tentatively sounding like he was about to combust from embarrassment.

"I wasn't talking about having a child!" I said currently the completion of a radish myself. "Don't elves have sex for fun?"

"I, um, maybe?" replied Kyle, slowly emerging from under the pillow. I gave him a sympathetic look; after his parents died he'd had no one to look explain this stuff to him. I wouldn't have had it myself if my dad hadn't ranted about it at inappropriate times during my childhood.

"Well, how about we give it a go now?" I asked.

"Don't, don't humans want their first time to be special?" he asked timidly.

"If it's with you that's all the special I need."

Kyle jabbed my side with his fingers. "Do you have to be such a dork?"

"To get you to smile like that, yeah, I do," I replied smugly. Kyle stuck his tongue out at me defiantly and I just laughed.

The two of us giggled and smiled for a couple seconds, getting a little lost in one another's eyes, until Kyle gave me a more serious look.

"If you want to do it now, I'm very happy to."

"You sure?" I asked and Kyle resolutely nodded.

Slower, and probably softer than usual, I leaned over to Kyle and placed my lips gently against his. Pressing one hand gently against his shoulder as he lay back against the bed. I always feel like I could kiss Kyle for hours and hours and hours. The actual action of kissing isn't that important in of itself; it's the person you do it with that matters, and being able to be this intimate with Kyle? Nothing else really makes me much happier.