Chapter 6

I stared at the picture and quickly shook my head. I then found my mother's Journal. It was hidden beneath all the old letters and photographs of her and a man with his face scratched. I unwrapped a leather string and opened the book as I start reading. I kept reading my mother's journal until someone knocked on my door.

"In a minute!" I shouted and quickly hid the 19 books in the chest and quickly pushed it under my bed.

I stood up and brushed some dust off my clothes and walked to my door normally. I opened my door to see Yui wearing a maid dress.

"Sorry, but I didn't call for room service." I said to her smirking as I crossed my arms.

"Shut it. This is my punishment and I have to wear this for 3 days...including cleaning the whole entire house." She sighed in frustration.

I looked at her up and down. She wears a short maid outfit with a duster on her right hand.

"Punishment? By whom?"

"Reiji, who else would give people punishments?" I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"Oh nothing, it's just that one of the boys made you become his bitch. Oh and I'm sure Laito would like that outfit with you on it. You are a meal to his menu sista."

"Shut up will ya? Dinner is ready in 10 minutes and Reiji said I should let everybody know. Now move, so I could clean your room." She was about to enter, but I blocked her path.

"Sorry sista, but this room is under maintenance. So turn your flat ass around and walk away."

"Whatever. I never wanted to clean your dirty room anyway." She then walked away as I shouted.

"My room may look dirty, but you are worse!" I closed my room and locked it.

"Slut." I mumbled as I grabbed the journal that was on my bed and kept reading.

"Is that yours or Reiji's?" A deep voice said.

"I doubt it's Reiji and if it is, I will not continue reading. Cause that boy writes random shit." I pointed out.

"Touchè." I turned my head to my left to see Shu reading a magazine.

"Your into fashion?" I asked him.

"No."

"Then why are you reading a fashion magazine?"

"I read random things. What are you reading?"

"An old journal that I found." I looked back to the journal and kept reading.

"Who's journal?"

"If I know I would tell you, but it's an old journal. A very old one." I closed the journal and wrapped the leather string around it.

"I see. You like reading old things?"

"Most of the time if it catches my interest." I shrugged placing the journal inside my nightstand.

"Hmmm..."

"What?" I asked turning around to face him seeing he was looking at me.

"Nothing...you just remind me of someone." He says as he looked back on the magazine.

"Iris? The woman with light purple hair and beautiful purple eyes?" He nodded and closed the magazine.

"Alright, could you tell me all about her?"

"Hmmm, Fine. She arrived at our mansion a long time ago. She's pregnant at the time and asked my father if she could seek shelter. My father agreed and let her stay in a room that has a purple door on it. Every nowadays my father would visit her making sure she was fine and if she and the baby are healthy. Whenever me and my brothers visited her room...she was the nicest person we've ever met. She would tell us a story whenever we visit her and make us comfy. She was like the mother that me and my brothers always wanted. Our true mothers banned us for seeing her, but that never stopped us from visiting. We would tell her about who would be the man of the house and why our mothers are strict towards us and us hating them for it, but she...she just said the kind words that I will never forget. 'Mother's maybe strict towards their child, but in their heart. They love their child until death. They would do anything for them to have a successful life even if they have to be strict.' Those words warmed our hearts. When the baby arrived her smile was shining the whole room making all of us happy for her except for Cordelia. After that night, the baby was taken and whenever we visit Iris to comfort her all she would do is stare at the crib for days. Not eating or anything until her death."

I felt a drop of water landing in my hand and I wiped my eyes to see that I was crying.

"Here." Shu handed me a napkin and I smiled wiping my tears off.

"Thanks."

"Anyways we better go before Reiji explodes." He sighed and I nodded.

"I'll be down in a minute." He nodded and disappeared in thin air.

I took the picture out of my mother and me as tears started to fall.

"I miss you mama." I then hugged the picture and cried.

Couple of minutes later~

I wiped my tears away again and sat up. I put the picture back in my pocket and walked out of my room towards the dining room. I slowly opened the door to see everyone beginning to eat.

"Miss Iris, your late in one minute." Reiji said as he kept eating.

"Sorry, I was a bit busy." I said and sat down between him and Shu.

"Why are you busy?"

"Just personal matter."

"Are you sure about that?" He looked at him as I felt my hand shake.

"Reiji, leave her alone." Shu said glaring at him.

"Fine, but I would like some answers."

"And I will give them to you." Shu voice became angrier.

All of us stayed quiet and I started to eat. My taste buds didn't cooperate neither did my stomach. I swallowed and stood up slowly.

"I lost my appetite and for the answer to your question of why I was late. Well I was being emotional from the death of Miss Iris and if that is not worth of your answer then I suggest you get out of other people's business cause you sir are getting on my nerves." I looked at him as I felt anger building up.

I sighed deeply and walked away opening the doors. Before I leave I then turned and looked at them.

"Sorry to ruin this fine dinner and I can assure you that the food taste amazing. If I have the appetite to eat. If you need me I'll be in my room reading. As for now enjoy your meal without me. Good night." I left the dining room and towards mine.

I sighed in frustration and walked out the balcony window breathing fresh air. A massive pain then hit my head and I held onto the door. Lights begin to flash in my mind until they stopped and everything went black. I quickly opened my eyes to see Subaru.

"You Alright?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, massive head ache. How long was I out?"

"Few minutes. Here get some sleep." He then carried me up and placed me to my bed.

He tucked me in and I smiled at him as my eyes became heavy.

"Thank you, Subaru." I said to him as I caressed his cheek and fell asleep.

Subaru POV

As Iris touched my cheek my eyes then flashed making me see my uncle placing me in a box and walking away. I hear a baby weeping and everything disappeared as I felt her hand moved away from my cheek. I backed inches away from her and breathed deeply.

I then left her room closing the door and thinking if she is Dru.