03 | NERVOUS

TIME PASSED as it always does and the team soon found themselves growing closer in ways, a dynamic settling between each member

TIME PASSED as it always does and the team soon found themselves growing closer in ways, a dynamic settling between each member. Sophia and Skye found themselves growing closest of all, their personalities matching completely, with a shared taste for poking fun at Ward helping their bond too. Tensions remained rather high between Ward and Sophia, and the rest of the team were beginning to question where the rivalry started, and why it was continuing. Fitz theorised a past relationship of sorts but Skye laughed at the idea, asking Fitz what he'd possibly know about such a thing. He hadn't appreciated that.

The team were, once again, crowded around the impressive holotable, a man's I.D currently on display. Fitz and Simmons took the close proximity as an opportunity to stare at Ward and Sophia, (who were stood next to each other) in an attempt to observe the pair and prove Skye wrong. Skye grinned at the scientist's need to be right.

"Skye! Your attention please." Exclaimed Coulson whilst directing her attention to the screen, "This is Chan Ho Yin, just a struggling street performer until just a few years ago when he began to exhibit moderate pyrokinetic abilities."

The team finally paid full attention as Fitz questioned the origins of such powers.

"It's still under investigation," Coulson continued, "But Chan did live near a decommissioned nuclear plant when it caught on fire."

Fitz nodded, perhaps satisfied with the answer given or perhaps the nod was to himself as he began to theorise the science behind it too. Informants had seen Chan lighting torches with his finger in a street show and brought it to S.H.I.E.L.D's attention, when he was then told to keep his abilities quiet -S.H.I.E.L.D had also listed him on the index.

"The index?" Questioned Skye.

Jemma replied instantly and eagerly, happy to share her knowledge.

"It's a list S.H.I.E.L.D keeps of people and objects with powers."

Skye was outraged at the thought of it, spiralling into how they're monitored, or what 'action' could be taken against them as Ward had previously suggested.

"Yes it's... slightly creepy," Sophia joined in, "But in today's world we need a rough idea of this sort of stuff."

Skye shot her friend a glare for siding with Ward, and Sophia shook her head with bemusement.
Coulson gave them both a glare as May began to converse with Agent Kwan on the large screen, which was most definitely signalling them to be quiet. It turned out Chan had been taken and so hadn't disappeared of his own free will as previously speculated. The only scrap of evidence was a small piece of fabric which had come from fireproof clothing, suggesting that those who'd taken him knew about his powers.

"Somehow, someone hacked into our data stream," Sighed Agent Kwan, "The same cyberpunks who hacked us before...The Rising Tide?"

Skye instantaneously found herself with 6 pairs of eyes on her and shifted under the stares of her teammates.