04 | TRUTH

THE APARTMENT WAS VACATED swiftly, with Skye jarringly secured in handcuffs

THE APARTMENT WAS VACATED swiftly, with Skye jarringly secured in handcuffs. Everybody possessed anger against the hacker, but sadness and confusion were the main emotions currently at large. That couldn't be said for Coulson though, he was dead-set on referring to Skye as one of 'the prisoners', as if there was no doubt in his mind that that's all she now was. Skye had desperately tried to plea her case, that she'd not intended to be a traitor and that she just owed Miles this after all their years looking after each other. This apologising wasn't for herself, but for her team. The pain each of them displayed as they avoided all eye contact with her threatened to break her heart.

The Bus was set for Hong Kong to intercept Chan, (following the leaked intel), yet no one's main focus was directed on that matter. Miles and Skye were locked in the interrogation room as the rest of the team glumly resided around the holotable and watched them bicker- Skye was busily defending S.H.I.E.L.D whilst Miles still saw them as a threat. She was just as much apart of the team as anyone else, even though she wasn't an agent.

"Guy's dirty," announced Ward, "I can feel it."
He took his eyes off the screen and moved to where Fitzsimmons and Sophia were trawling through various documents in an attempt to find Miles' motives. They were coming up short, periodically distracted by the interrogation room's camera feed. Simmons shook her head in disagreement at Ward's words, briefly waving a sheet of paper in his face.

"He's scrubbed clean actually, nothing much on him at all," Everyone sighed, "Got no family records, his apartment's under an alias, and he plays a lot of Minecraft..."

Fitzsimmons paused from their work to excitedly discuss the game, leaving Ward and Sophia to exchange a glance and stare in disbelief at their co-workers. Truthfully, Sophia had never been good at the game and she wondered if Ward had ever played it, but now was definitely the wrong time to ask. The thought did cause a small smile though, and she made a mental note to ask him about it later. Ward rolled his eyes and sternly commanded that the two scientists continue looking, gaining a rivalling eye roll from Simmons, (which he couldn't see of course)  and continued muttering from Fitz about the computer game's zombies. Sophia groaned exaggeratedly and muttered a low "shut up Fitz." With a scowl, Fitz childishly attempted to knock her papers off the table in response to the typical annoyance, making sure that Ward wasn't watching. There were only so many eye rolls the scientist could bare.

Any remaining playfulness left within the team later disappeared as Ward returned from the interrogation room, Coulson right on his heels as he motioned for the team to regroup.

"It appears Centipede took Chan," Coulson began, sending waves of worry through each team member. "They're clearly an international, well financed organisation, interested in creating a super soldier." They each digested this information silently and remained looking to Coulson for instruction, ignoring the slight panic he was clearly under too. The day was not going well at all. Miles' account information, (following the transaction between him and the company) allowed them to possibly identify where Chan was being held by Centipede, which was at least a helpful lead. May questioned what Centipede even wanted with Chan, and Fitzsimmons immediately presented their theory to the group. Considering his pyrokinetic abilities, the scientists believed that Chan could stabilise the elements of the serum that caused the test subjects to literally explode. Sophia massaged her temple briefly, weaving the new information together.