18 | ASGARDIAN

(A/N: I think this chapter is a bit messy but I have exams next week so want to get some updates in before then!)

FITZ WAS far too excited, and Sophia had to constantly remind him to tone down the grins and elated chatter. Considering the circumstances, it wasn't the best time to be so ecstatic. He was energetic, his hands engaged in various mechanical activities all whilst making various strained arguments that were practically suited with an introduction and conclusion.

"Fitz!" She groaned with exasperation. "An Asgardian has come bearing a warning of immense danger...and you're fantasising about Thor?!"

The scientist scowled, muttering a quiet, sarcastic apology as he inspected the weapon in his hands.

"Maybe we're just focusing on different things." He started the argument up again, and Sophia buried her head in her hands. "You're focussed on the dangerous aspect of things, I'm focussed primarily on the Lady Sif's presence aspect of things!"

She was tempted to prematurely test out Fitz's new night-night guns and use him as target practice. The repercussions would be endless, but the act would bring immense satisfaction.

Things had been relatively quiet for the team up until Lady Sif's arrival. Sophia and Ward had spent most of their time checking up on Skye, whilst Fitzsimmons were determinedly testing her blood and trying to understand the GH-325 formula. That was mostly Simmons though, as Fitz had been spending an incredible amount of time perfecting new weaponry- which could now be put to the test against Lorelei.

"You'd better hope these work." Sophia warned, waltzing over to the engineer to inspect his latest inventions. She impatiently grabbed the closest one in her range, but Fitz swatted her hand away, half-slamming it back down. It was a small pistol, brilliantly sleek and compact.

"I think I've proven my abilities to you from day one, thank you very much!"

She smiled up at him to show that she was only joking, and the pair of agents were interrupted by the door sliding open behind them. Ward and May joined Sophia as Fitz rolled his eyes, and Ward smacked an inpatient hand on the surface in front of them.

"Well this is all very cute you two, but we need to get a move on."

His eyes darted from where his hand resided, to the objects on its immediate left, and the specialist agent's annoyance was cut short as he glanced at the new weaponry, his tone changing drastically.

"Are these new night-night guns Fitz?"

The scientist beamed with pride.