20 | MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

(A/N: Please message me your thoughts about the S6 trailer ahhhhhh!)

AGENT HAND HAD to practically choke down her "I told you so."

Various agents had come together to track the whereabouts of the Clairvoyant and discover his identity, Skye grouping the S.H.I.E.L.D workers up in a risky set of various missions to each track an individual target. Sitwell and Hand has been particularly dubious about the plan, but Sitwell was suddenly needed elsewhere. Hand possessed enough skepticism to make up for the loss. Perhaps it was rightly so, as they collectively emerged with nothing- unless Agent Blake's multitude of injuries counted for anything.

"Deathlok's more dangerous than we thought," Sighed a frustrated May, "Blake fired six shots, didn't seem to phase him."

Mike Peterson's reappearance was nothing short of disturbing. The man they once knew was more machine than human each time they crossed his path, and the fact that he was last seen when Quinn shot Skye didn't help the group's sense of unease in the slightest.

They were fighting a battle they'd already lost.

"This shouldn't have happened!" Hand critiscised the team, shooting Coulson a particularly cutting glare. "Backup should've been there alongside Agents Blake and May. The plan was flawed from the start."

Sophia clenched her jaw and averted her eyes to a particular scratch on the hangar's surface below her, holding back from offering her take on Hand's comments. She admired the woman very much, looked up to her in fact, but couldn't understand what good shaming the team was whilst everything else was falling apart. She peered up at her colleagues once again, catching Ward's eye. They shared a look of mutual impatience.

"Yes, it went wrong," Sophia suddenly cleared her throat, well aware of the fact that Hand already disliked her level of authority (Sophia's age often undermined her position within the organisation) "but we sort of have a suspect! Thomas Nash is as good a lead as any. Shady, wasn't where he was supposed to be, and on the index."

Coulson gave an affirming nod, Garrett offered a smirk, and Hand's tight-lipped grimace was acquainted with a glare. Bickering between Garrett and Hand continued, but with all major points pitched, the group disbanded.

The Bus was currently stationary within The Hub, as the team were now working alongside the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D in their hunt for the clairvoyant. Ward and May followed Hand to round up the field agents, whilst Sophia was tasked with finding Jemma. Agent Simmons was requested by Hand for a debrief of sort- a delivery of information on Deathlok- but no one really understood what was actually left to say about the one. He was just another unfortunate product of corruption.

Fitzsimmons spoke in hushed tones and Sophia stood awkwardly at the door as neither of the pair noted her presence for a few moments. Jemma's collection of supplies seemed peculiarly intense, and the scotsman was speaking softly about "the right thing."