11 | UNEXPECTED

A/N: Updates have been so so slow but I promise I'll be updating more frequently as I've settled more into school and stuff. Thank you all for the reads, comments, n votes 💞

SOPHIA STARED, appalled at the tablet gripped in Ward's hand

SOPHIA STARED, appalled at the tablet gripped in Ward's hand. It described an attack on students at the S.H.I.E.L.D academy, complete with pictures of equipment she couldn't understand and blueprints for it that didn't help either. Fitz swatted her hand as she tapped subsequently on the table- the team would often get frustrated with her impatient traits- and Sophia had to resist the urge to hit him back. It would result in a lot of spilled tea and a very angry scotsman. Fitz stirred the mugs one last time before handing Jemma hers and necking what seemed to be half of his in an instant, causing an array of confused frowns.

Leo Fitz was stressed, as was his counterpart, because the machinery used for the attack came from a combination of Fitzsimmons' different designs. As they both bickered relentlessly and tried to place the blame on each other, Skye turned to Sophia with an excitable smile beginning to form on her face.

"So we're going to the academy, right?" Skye was more than ready to see where her friends had become the agents they were. "I can take a look at... where Fitzsimmons first spoke about, like, chemicals." Skye faltered with coming up with exciting parts of the academy. Her knowledge on it was by no means vast.

"Just the science and technology division." Reiterated Ward, receiving an eye roll from both women at his usual interjections. He ignored their response and became a little more serious, explaining that the students were shaken up by what had occurred. Everyone nodded slightly in understanding as they mulled the situation over themselves.

"Agent Weaver asked if you two could talk to the student body about potentiality," he addressed Fitzsimmons, "Calm them down."
Fitz agreed with another instant nod but Jemma sighed, explaining that the "talk" they were to give had been gone over with them multiple times before.

"I haven't heard the talk!" Exclaimed Skye, grinning coyly whilst concentrating on her cereal. "I've heard a lot about the academy, so I'm excited to finally see it!"

"Me too." Muttered Sophia, now locked in a deep stare with the scientists.

Sophia's comment confused Skye and she frowned, asking if the different academies really didn't interact. Fitz scoffed.

"Operations is the most aggressive programme." Stated Ward nonchalantly, "More people wash out of operations than the other academies."
Sophia tried hard not to wince as she remembered the rigorous nature of operations. She could almost feel the ache in each of her muscles from the memories alone.

"So which one's the hardest to get into?" Skye furthered the argument with an innocent tone to her question.

Jemma shot Ward a sarcastic, challenging, smirk and he rolled his eyes with Sophia.