Chapter 2

A/N: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my second upload! Hope you like it!

~Becca

Carrie's POV

 “Oh. My. Gosh! And they had these super cute black shoes with neon green laces! I was just dying to get them! But I had already spent all my money on these tights that I really regret buying now, but my mom wouldn’t even lend me ten bucks! It was soooo child cruelty!”

“Anna, by any chance is this just a long winded way of saying you need to borrow money for the movie ticket?”

Anna gave Lucas a face. “No!” She spun back around to look at me. “But can I?”

I laughed, already expecting this outcome. “I’m broke! I can barely afford my own ticket!” Anna let out a huff and blew her bangs out of her face.

“Well, gee. I have extra money. Of course, no one asked me to borrow it, and you said you didn’t need it.”

Lucas looked beyond smug, and Anna looked murderous.

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“Are you going to lend me the money or not!”

“I was never asked.”

Anna spat the words out through her teeth. “Could. I. Please. Borrow. Some. Money?”

Lucas threw his head back and laughed, eyes twinkling. “Why of course dear friend!” He patted her on the head then went over to buy the tickets.

Anna threw her hands up in exasperation. “And I’m supposed to deal with that!?”

I laughed. “So I guess if we’re both broke we’re not going to the sale?”

“Of course we are.” She slipped some bills from her pocket them slid them back.

“But…?”

“Hey I knew I had to pay for my sale clothes.” She threw me a glance. “And yours.”

I sighed. I guess there was no getting out of it now.

“Ugh. Don’t look now but here comes the queen of the world.”

I rolled my eyes. Anna was obviously referring to Angela Soyers. Angela’s father was rich. And I don’t just mean we-will-buy-you-a-car-for-your-sixteenth-birthday rich, I mean front-cover-on-the-magazine, going-to-Hollywood-premieres, money’s-not-a-problem, filthy-stinking rich. And she makes sure everyone knows it. She gets everything she wants, and most of the time she lives in California somewhere. Her parents send her out here a week each summer to live with her aunt to “keep her grounded”. It doesn’t work. She walks around sticking her nose up at everything and saying our town needs to be introduced to this century. Personally, I think all the old-fashioned things are what give this town its charm.

“Yeah so I already saw this movie, like seven times, but I’m sure it’s a big deal since it’s probably just now making it to this town.”

Angela has this nasty habit of talking really loudly so that EVERYONE can hear what she has to say.

I rolled my eyes. “Ignore her, she’ll be gone in a week”.

“Longest week of the year” Anna mumbled under her breath.

 Niall's POV

 Our jet landed in a large city a few hours from our final destination. It had to be around 2 AM when the light to buckle your seatbelts came on.