Chapter 21

A/N: Thank you to all reading, it really means a lot to me. Anyways, comment, vote, fan, or whatever you like because the stories not over yet!!!

~Becca

Carrie's POV

 So Angela told the press. At least the mystery was solved.

It was too late now anyway, so I was not going to let it bother me.

The sun had set and the temperature dropped about ten degrees. The lights that were strung all through the trees dimmed, and a voice came over the speakers.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Please give it up for the world famous One Direction!”

At that, the audience went wild. The boys ran on stage waving. Niall was obviously scanning the crowd and when his eyes rested on me he beamed.

The music started and the boys held up their mics.

“I’ve tried playing it cool…”

Concerts are usually not as fun if you don’t have friends with you. But let me tell you, when your friends are on stage it’s even better. I jumped up and down and sang along with the rest of the crowd. It was easy to tell who was actually a fan and who was from the town and just came from the fair.

Niall seemed to be staring at me the whole time. Sometimes I would blush and look down at my feet, others I would meet his gaze.

The music for More Than This started.

I danced around and sang along happily, but when the time came for Niall’s solo he stopped and stared right into my eyes.

“If I’m louder, would you see me?

Would you lay down

In my arms and rescue me?

‘Cause we are the same

You save me,

But when you leave it’s gone again.”

I start tearing up. No, no, no, no, no! I can’t cry. I can’t cry. I’m gonna cry. I turn and start running in the other direction.

I don’t stop until I’m outside of the fair grounds where there’s no one.

I sit down next to a tree and start sobbing.

I can’t do this.

How am I supposed to let go of Niall?

I love him.

Niall's POV

 I ran off the stage, sweaty and out of breathe, but I didn’t care. My eyes kept scanning for Carrie. I’ve been worried ever since she ran away during the show. Chances are that she’s upset because we’re leaving tomorrow. I’m such an idiot! How would I feel if I thought the last time I would see her (for awhile anyway) was today! I shouldn’t have kept Disney a secret!

I searched all around the stage but she was nowhere in sight.

“Carrie?!”

“Niall.”

I whipped my head around, relieved to hear her voice.

“Carrie…” I stopped midsentence. Carrie had made me lose my train of thought before, but this! Oh man. She stood before me in a gold dress that fell to her mid-thigh. It accented her curves perfectly, and it shone almost as bright as her smile underneath the lights of the fair.

“You…you look…indescribable.”

Her cheeks flushed. “Thank you.”

“Carrie…I, there’s something I need to tell you.” My plan! What was my plan?! My thoughts were scrambled, I couldn’t think straight! “I…I…want you to come to Disney with me and the boys.”

She looked confused. “Disney?”

“Oh!” I tried to explain my lame invatation as fast as I could. “BillpromisedusbeforewecameherethathewouldtakeusandourgirlfriendstoDisneyattheendofourtripbutatthetimeIhadnogirlfriendandnowIdoandIwantedittobeasuprisebutIshouldhavetoldyousoonerand….” I take an enormous breath in. You love her! Tell her you love her! I open my mouth but she stops me.

“Niall…that’s sweet…but I don’t think it’s the best idea.”

I freeze, baffled. “But…but…why?”

She looks very uncomfortable. “It’s very sweet of you to offer, but the truth is that I really like you…and I think that spending more time with you will just make this worse.”

I am now completely lost. “What worse?”

She shuffles her feet. “You know…us….getting over you…it’s just…I really can’t fall for you any more than I have.”

My jaw drops.

“I mean…we both knew this wouldn’t last…we’re from two different worlds. You are the most amazing person I have ever meet, and defiantly the best boyfriend I have ever, and will ever have. But now the summer is ending, the real world is calling, and it’s time to get back to reality. We have to go our separate ways. Me, back to my normal, small-town-girl life, and you back to the fast-paced life of a star. And even if the two different worlds weren’t enough to keep us apart, the Atlantic Ocean is. I…I just can’t go somewhere with you. I wish we had more time too…but…it…it’s too hard. We both know we have to forget about each other. I’m sorry.”

And with that, she ran away, tears streaming down her face, leaving me standing there dumbfounded.

I…I was just broken up with.

By the girl I love.

She…she doesn’t want it to work…

But I still love her.