Chapter 8

Carrie's POV

 “It’s time to wake up!”

“Ah!” I jump, startled by Harry’s face inches from mine. He pulls back and starts cracking up.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

“You know Harry, you’re face wasn’t really the first thing I wanted to see in the morning.”

“Aw, come on! Most girls would pass out if they woke up with my face inches from their own.”

“That Harry, is because you are terrifying.”

He chuckles and runs into the kitchen.

Last night the boys invited me back to their place after the fireworks. (Louis claimed he wanted Niall and I to ‘celebrate’ where he could ‘keep an eye on us’) The last thing I remember was cuddling with Niall on the couch…then I must have fallen asleep. Niall! I whip my head around to find him on the couch next to me, still asleep. His head was thrown back on the couch and he was lightly snoring. How on earth did Harry not wake him up? I stared at my sleeping boyfriend. Oh my gosh! My sleeping BOYFRIEND! I still could not believe that someone so perfect actually wanted me. I would have thought it was a dream, but then I wouldn’t be here wrapped in Niall’s arms, right? I sigh as I watch him sleep. He looks so…is there even a word for how he looks? Peaceful, beautiful, amazing? I can’t even describe it. I am literally the luckiest girl in the world.

There is a loud bang from the kitchen, followed by a “Louis! Zayn!” I laugh to myself. What on earth were we going to do with these boys?

I give Niall a quick kiss on the forehead, then carefully unwrap my self from his arms.

I walk into the kitchen to find Liam standing there with what appears to be pancake mix all over his head. He has backed Louis and Zayn into a corner, and looks ready to strangle them.

Then Liam gets and evil grin on his face. “Aw, guys. It’s okay, this is hilarious! I forgive you!”

Zayn and Louis look at each other, than back at Liam.

“In fact, I think I want to give you guys a big hug!”

I crack up as I watch Liam chase them around the kitchen, Louis laughing as well and Zayn covering his hair with his hands. “Nooo!” He shouts as Liam corners him again.

Louis jumps in between the two. “Stay back!” He holds a spoon towards Liam like it’s a sword. At first I stare at Louis like he’s crazy, but then Liam jumps back and squeals like a little girl. Once again I find myself cracking up as the chase resumes, this time Zayn and Louis chasing Liam with spoons in their hands.

Liam sprints over to me. “Carrie! Help me!” He ducks behind me, which must look comical considering I am half his size.

“You two.” I point at Louis and Zayn. “Is it pick on Liam day?”

“Yes!” Louis smiles.

I roll my eyes.

Liam stands up and looks at them. “Well apparently you don’t want pancakes!”

“Did someone say pancakes?” In to the kitchen walks a very drowsy Niall. He is rubbing his eyes, but when he sees me his face lights up.

The other boys start to laugh at Niall’s reaction. I look down at my feet, feeling my face heat up.

“Yeah,” Liam says between laughs, “I was going to make pancakes until these two decided breakfast would look better on me.” He motions to the batter all over him. Niall glares at Louis and Zayn.

Louis throws his arm around Niall. “Calm down! I’ll go force Harry to make breakfast.” With that, he skipped out of the room calling for Harry.

I am about to offer to help set the table when a man I’ve never seen before walk in the room. “Oh, good I thought I heard you guys up.” His eyes fall on Liam. “Do I want to know?”

Liam shrugs. “Louis and Zayn were bored.”

The man sighs. “Go clean up.”

“Yes sir!” Liam salutes him and marches up the stairs.

The man opens his mouth to say something, then sees me. “Oh, hello.”

“Boys,” he says shooting them a look. “Who’s your friend?”

“Oh!” Niall blushes. “This is Carrie…she, uh, agreed to show us around town, and took us to the fireworks last night.”

“Oh.” The man relaxes. “I guess I should thank you then. The boys probably wouldn’t have been able to find their way back without you.”

“Hey!” Zayn protested. “We were able to find our way back! We just couldn’t find the town.”

The man gave him a look. “Again, I don’t want to know.”

He came over to me with an outstretched hand. “Hi, I’m Bill, the guys’ manager.”

I shook his hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

He looked at Niall and Zayn again. “I guess it’s a good thing you made a friend. It’ll keep you out of my hair when we’re not working.”

“Oh, yes.” Harry said , walking in with Louis. “Especially Niall. She’ll keep him really busy.”

I blushed, and I saw Niall glaring at Harry.

Bill looked back and forth between the two. “Explain.”

Louis perked up. “What? You think we meet an attractive girl and one of us doesn’t go after her? Come on Bill, you know us better then that.”

“Louis!” Niall’s face has turned extremely red. If I wasn’t so embarrassed myself I would have laughed.

Bill rubbed his temples. “I should have known. I take you to a small town with barely any people…” He trails off. “All right.” He looks back up at them. “It’s Sunday, have fun. As long as you’re ready to work tomorrow.”

Louis wiggled his eyebrows. “But not too much fun, I don’t want to be an uncle yet.”

Harry laughed and turned to Louis. “About that…”

Bill sighed and turned to walk out of the room. On his way out he muttered something about impossible four-year-old boys.

Harry turned to face me. “Yeah, that’s Bill!”

“Supposedly he wasn’t stressed before he meet us.” Louis shook his head. “And I believe it.”