Chapter 22

A/N: I decided that since I hit over 700 reads it was time to update. Thank you so much for reading my story! I know this chapter's really short but I swear the next one is a lot longer. PS. It's not over yet so please don't give up on me! ;)  Read, vote, comment, fan!

~Becca

Carrie's POV

I ran as fast as my legs can carry me, back to my house. I throw open my door, race up to my room and throw myself on my bed.

Going to Disney with Niall, it sounds like the best thing in the world. But it will only make me love him more. Yes, fine! I admit it! I still love him! That doesn’t change a thing. Even if he loved me back, what can we do? I can’t believe I thought we could get it to work! Obviously he knew all along it wouldn’t last, so maybe that’ll make it easier for him. Because as much as my heart hurts, as much heart break as I’m going to have to deal with, I still love him. And I don’t want him to have to go through this pain.

Niall's POV

 “Niall, you ready?”

“Huh?” I snapped out of my trance. “Um. Yeah, sure.”

“Look, I know you’re going to miss her, we all are, but there’s plenty of other girls out there yeah? If she wasn’t willing to try and make it work then she’s not the one.”

“Thanks Liam.”

He nodded and got on the plane.

I stared off into the distance.

Goodbye Carrie.

I know now that you don’t, but it doesn’t matter, I will always love you.

Carrie's POV

 I stared out the window.

They left this morning. I watched their car pull out. I wanted to say goodbye to the others, but….I just couldn’t bear to face Niall again.

Heartbreak sucks. And my heart has never broken into so many pieces before. Right now I can’t imagine ever getting over it.

Even if I do get over it, even if someday I find someone I love and who loves me back. Even if we get married and start a family, a part of my heart will always belong to Niall.

I will never forget this summer.

The summer I fell for Niall Horan.