(003.) THE ARMY

RED SPARROW
( chapter three, the army )

      ISABEL WAS SENT TO THE BASE OF THE 107th INFANTRY REGIMENT SOON AFTER THE STARK EXPO

ISABEL WAS SENT TO THE BASE OF THE 107th INFANTRY REGIMENT SOON AFTER THE STARK EXPO. There were a few other nurses that came with along with three doctors to attend to the soldiers. Isabel had her hair in a tight bun and she wore her white uniform as she unpacked her things along with the other nurses. They all had bunk beds and Isabel had the bottom bunk and she sat in the bed while folding her clothes.

"The soldiers should be here in a few minutes," one of the nurses said with a large smile as she sat down on her bed crossing her legs. Isabel shook her head with a smile as she thought of Bucky.

She was wondering what he was doing right now, right now, he would be at his base getting ready to train. One of the nurses noticed Isabel's little smile and she cocked an eyebrow at the Latina. "What's with that smile on your face?"

There was another nurse that was opposite of Isabel who was on the top bunk, "Looks like someone is in love," Isabel snapped her head up the nurse with raised brows, it was her first day and they were already making comments.

"It's nothing and I am not in love," Isabel confirmed as she kept folding her clothes and putting them away neatly. She stood up from her bunk bed as she placed her small suitcase in the corner. The two nurses looked at each other as they watched Isabel.

"So, you don't have anyone at home?" one of them asked, Isabel, walked over to the two and leaned against the bed.

"No, I don't," Isabel answered, "My name is Isabel, by the way," Isabel stuck out her hand to the two nurses and she shook their hands.

The one on the top bunk had bright red hair and blazing blue eyes, "My name is Cheryl," she introduced herself to the Latina. The one on the bottom bunk had chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes. "I'm Phyllis," she introduced, "We should get to know each other since we're going to be here for a while,"

Isabel smiled before one of the agents came in, she had jet-black hair and azure blue eyes. She stood with her back straightened, as all the other nurses turned their heads to her, "Attention ladies, my name is Agent Anna Kent, two of you will be assigned to Head Nurse and will be coming with me to greet the soldiers,"

Everyone looked around at each other, as she pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket, she looked at the nurses around her, "Isabel Dominguez and Phyllis Adams," the two looked at each other with smiles on their faces, "Come on you two, the rest of you go to the infirmary, where the doctor will give you your orders." Anna turned around to open the door and Isabel and Phyllis walked over to her.

The rest of the nurses walked out to go to the infirmary, many of them were talking about where they were from and how they became nurses. After all the nurses left, Agent Kent looked at the two an started walking, the two nurses followed her unsure of where they were going. Agent Kent led them to the training base of the camp.