(005.) HYDRA

RED SPARROW
( chapter five, hydra )

ISABEL WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO YELLING OUTSIDE OF THE BARRACKS

ISABEL WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO YELLING OUTSIDE OF THE BARRACKS. THE LATINA SAT UP IN HER BED QUICKLY AS THE OTHER GIRLS SLOWLY WOKE UP TO NOISE. There were scattered gunshots and Isabel felt her pulse pick up as all the nurses looked at each other with fearful eyes. Isabelle got out of her bed and walked slowly towards the door. The barracks were pitch black and Isabel couldn't see anything.

The room was silent until Phyllis spoke, "What's going on out there?"

Isabel walked towards the window slowly and could only see the night sky, the sound of gunshots and yelling were still scattered and it sounded as if they weren't approaching them. "I don't know but we need to stay put and quiet," she whispered. Isabel felt her hands tremble and her voice shaky. She didn't want to step foot outside, she didn't know what was going on.

"Don't turn on any of the lights," she spoke up, she tried not to worry and she didn't want the others to think she was weak, "Grab something to defend yourself, I don't care if it's a damn stethoscope, use it to defend yourself--" Within a few seconds, the doors to the barracks burst open and the lights flickered on. There were men with Nazi uniforms on and an emblem of a skull with tentacles on their clothes.

Isabel had never seen that symbol before and it looked odd. The women in the barracks screamed as they grabbed whatever was near. One of them grabbed Isabel by her waist and the Latina thrashed and kicked as he picked up. Her heart was beating rapidly and her palms were sweaty. She screamed as loud as she could until her throat was sore, the sirens throughout the base blared warning them of an attack. "Let me go!" Isabel screeched as she hit the man with her hands. He placed his hand over her mouth and she sunk her teeth in his hand as deep as she could.

He quickly dropped her and she fell to her knees. Isabel quickly stood up and looked around, there were soldiers running around fighting with the Nazi's. Isabel's eyes were wide with terror as she clenched her hands into fists, she back up slowly and when the soldier looked up at her, she felt a new wave of terror wash over her body. She was going to die and she felt it in her chest. Isabel instantly picked up her feet and started running, she didn't care that if she was barefoot or where she was going but she had to leave.

She believed she could survive in the wilderness. She knew first aid, she knew how to hunt, she knew how to plan, she knew what to do if she was stranded all by herself. There were more gunshots being fired and Isabel tried to avoid any bullets coming her way. A hand gripped around Isabel's arm and she felt herself come to a stop, she looked to see who it was and saw Bucky looking right at her. Isabel's chest was heaving from all the running and fear, she saw Bucky's azure eyes lock with her hazel eyes

"Isabel, are you alright?" he asked quickly.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked worriedly while looking around.

"HYDRA agents got in and they're attacking us," Bucky explained quickly, Isabel furrowed her eyebrows, "You need to get out of here or hide somewhere they can't find you,"

The Latina shook her head in protest, "No, I'm not leaving here without you," she started, "If I'm hiding somewhere, then you will have to come with me," Bucky let out a sigh, he needed her to go, if something happened to her, he didn't know how he'd react.

"Do you know how to shoot a gun?" he asked calmly in the midst of everything.

Isabel's eyes opened wide, "Only once but that's about it," Bucky looked around before grabbing Isabel's arm and leading her behind one of the barracks. The Latina looked around, it was dark and it was hard to see. Bucky then placed a small gun in her hands, Isabel looked up at him with fear in her eyes.

Her hands were trembling and she didn't how she was going to use it, Bucky held her hand, "It's okay, just breathe when you pull the trigger," Isabel nodded her head as she placed her hand slowly on the trigger.

It wasn't until she heard two shots when she pulled the trigger aiming the gun into darkness. She felt the heat on her thigh and pull up her nightgown and saw a bullet lodged her thigh. There was blood staining her gown. She quickly tore a piece of her gown and tied it around her thigh.

She looked back at Bucky who was on the ground, she quickly bent down to him, "Bucky! Are you okay?!"

"I got shot," he said slowly, "You need to go,"

Isabel shook her head, "I'm not leaving you," she tried to ignore the pain in her thigh but the heat was growing uncomfortable. It wasn't until Bucky's eyes grew wide open, "Isabel, watch out!" She furrowed her brows and she felt something hard hit her head. She fell on the ground, the last thing she saw a strange man in front of her with a gun. Her eyes slowly closed and the last thing she saw was darkness.

She had no clue what was going to happen next but if death came she would welcome it with open arms.