(010). KATYA

RED SPARROW
( chapter ten , katya )

『 RED SPARROW 』( chapter ten , katya )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

          ONCE AGAIN ISABEL CAUGHT HERSELF WAKING UP WITH YET ANOTHER POUNDING HEADACHE. ALL SHE COULD RECALL WAS A CLOTH OVER HER MOUTH AND A SMALL PINCH NEAR HER NECK. When she opened her eyes, Isabel was in a small room. When she moved her head around slowly, there was a desk and chair a few feet away from her. It was like an office of some sort.

She was laying down on a couch and there was a bookcase next to it but Isabel couldn't make out any of the titles. The brunette slowly sat up and she noticed mourning near her, there was a woman in a white lab coat and a male with white lab coat.

The male noticed Isabel and quickly noticed the woman. When the woman turned around, Isabel could feel her heart sink in her chest. She knew her, she had seen her before and she was standing right in front of her. She wanted to run as far away as she could but her body felt tired and she had no energy to run.

"Ah, looks who is finally up," the woman had a Russian accent and she was oddly chipper as well, "I thought you were dead since you kept sleeping. Ivan here doesn't know how to handle mission properly."

The male, Ivan, rolled his eye, "You always have something to say don't you, Katya?"

Katya. That was the name. It all clicked in Isabel's head. She was the woman that injected her with something when the attack on the base happened. They had taken her away from home. All Isabel could focus on was her family. They were probably worried sick about where she was since she hadn't returned home.

Isabel felt a knot in her throat and she wanted to cry, she wanted to scream and yell, but she couldn't. She had to be quiet, she had to be strong, especially now.

Katya quickly noticed her change in behavior, "Now, don't cry," she said in a soothing voice, "You'll be alright because I have something you want,"

Isabel slowly looked up at the woman, "What do you mean?"

Katya smirked as she pulled up a chair and placed it across from the couch. Ivan stood at the door standing proudly, she couldn't run or Ivan would grab her if something ever happened.

"When I first met you, you called for a Bucky, correct?" Katya asked as she sat down slowly in the chair. She didn't look at all intimidating but she carried herself like she was. As if she were trying to prove herself.

Isabel nodded, "Yeah and he's dead," as much as she hated to say it, it was true. She couldn't bring him back and no matter how much she wished he was alive, she knew it could never happen.