(009). RED SPARROW

RED SPARROW
( chapter nine, red sparrow)

『 RED SPARROW 』( chapter nine, red sparrow)

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

ISABEL WAS DEVASTATED. SHE WOULDN'T EAT, SLEEP, OR DRINK THINKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO BUCKY. She had moved into her sisters house since she couldn't stand the loneliness of her apartment. She would lay in bed all day and sleep for most of the day, she hadn't been to work since they got back to New York and her sisters were starting to worry.

Josephine and Penelope tried everything they could to help Isabel feel better but nothing worked. Julian tried to help but Isabel wouldn't budge. Her eyes natural state were red and puffy and she would lay in fetal position at bed time. Grief had consumed her and she hated herself for falling in love with Bucky.

The only time Isabel would get up was to go to the bathroom and make herself an occasional bowl of cereal. Other than that she would sleeping and dreaming away while her siblings worked. One day as Isabel was laying asleep in bed, she heard a faint knock on the door.

She groaned and turned in her bed, she wanted to be left alone, "Who is it?"

When the door opened, it was Julian. He had gotten back from work and was still in his uniform, "There's someone here to see you,"

Isabel furrowed her brows. Who would be visiting her? "Tell them I don't want to see anyone,"

"Isabel," the voice was familiar and Isabel knew exactly who it was. She sat up in the bed and wiped the tears from her eyes away. When she looked at the doorway, Julian was standing next to Steve Rogers. She didn't want to see him, ever since he told her that Bucky died, she wanted nothing to do with him. Yet, he was the only thing about Bucky that was still with her.

"Julian, leave us alone," Isabel got up and out of her bed and put on a white robe and slippers. Steve was wearing his uniform that was adorned with metals. Isabel sat on the edge of the bed as Steve stood tall at the door.

"What do you want?" Isabel asked as she looked at him. She felt empty inside, she didn't know what to feel anymore as grief consumed her. She had lost someone she deeply cared about and she hated to admit it. She knew love was dangerous thing and she made herself one of the victims of it. Her mother's intuition was always right and she didn't even follow her own gut feelings and it led her to a breakdown.

Steve took a step in, he was nervous and he had known Isabel for a while now but he was still a bit intimidated by her. "Your sister called me, she said she was worried about you," he answered, "She said you've been crying and you haven't left the room since you found out the news,"

Isabel shrugged her shoulders, "There's nothing else, I can really do," she started, "I didn't even get to say goodbye, he just left without saying a word," Isabel could feel a knot in her throat. She wanted to cry. She wanted to scream. Another life was lost due to the damn war that was going on.

"I understand, and trust me when I say, I wish it could have been me but Bucky risked his life for millions of people and he wouldn't want you suffering. He would want you to continue with your life and move on,"

Isabel could feel the tears streaming down her face and she looked at Steve. She knew he missed Bucky, that was his best friend, his brother. Steve held a calm demeanor as she saw Isabel cry, he wanted to hug her but was afraid to do so. Isabel looked at her fingers, she got up from the bed and walked over to Steve. She placed her arms around him and hugged him and she let herself cry.

"I know you miss him and I miss him too,"

"It'll be alright, Steve reassured her.

Isabel pulled back and wiped the tears away from her eyes. Steve reached into his pocket and held something in his palm, "He wanted to give you this," when he handed it to Isabel, it was his dog tag necklace. A small smile appeared on Isabel's face, she had something to remember him. She held it tightly in her fist and she looked at Steve.

"Thank you, Steve," she said, "I'm sorry that my sister bothered you and made you come here,"

Steve shook his head, "Don't apologize, you're my friend, Isabel," he started, "Plus, you helped us one way or another. I have to get going but stay safe, Isabel,"

"You too, Steve," they hugged each other one last time before Steve left the apartment. Isabel stood there in her robe while holding the dog tag necklace. She placed it around her neck carefully as she looked in the mirror. Once she did, she stepped outside of the room and went to the bathroom.

Her face was flushed and she quickly splashed cold water on her face and showered. She put on a fresh set of pajamas and once she got out of the shower, she cleaned her room. It wasn't much but to her it was a lot. She knew she had lost Bucky but she also reassured herself that he was in a better place. Isabel grabbed a coat from the coat hanger, she turned to Julian who was eating a bowl of cereal.

"I'll be back, I'm going to the store, love you,"

"Love you too,"

When Isabel stepped outside her apartment and walked to the store, she smiled. She somehow felt at peace even though she still mourned Bucky. It wasn't until Isabel felt a hand over mouth and something in her neck that the peace was gone. The last thing she saw was the night sky above her and it was the last time Isabel had got to see her brother and even her sisters before her new life began.