(011). WINTER SOLDIER

RED SPARROW
( chapter ten , winter soldier )

『 RED SPARROW 』( chapter ten , winter soldier )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

WHEN ISABEL WOKE UP, HER ENTIRE BODY FELT HEAVY AND SORE. IT FELT AS IF SHE WERE WALKING THROUGH WATER AND THAT THERE WAS A WEIGHT PULLING HER BACK. Yasmine was the one that had woken her up, Yasmine had a smile on her face which Isabel thought was weird. Why was she always happy? Was she there for the same reasons that she was? Isabel got up slowly and looked around their room. Yasmine had grabbed a set of clothes and handed it to Isabel.

"This is your uniform," she started, "Since we're going to visit HYDRA, you need to wear this to show you're one of us. The bathroom is over there," She pointed to a small white door and Isabel nodded.

Isabel's curiosity took over her and she couldn't control the words that came out of her mouth, "Yasmine, what are you doing here? What is this academy? What are they-"

Yasmine cut her off, she held up a finger to her lips causing Isabel to stop talking. She was taken slightly aback by Yasmine's actions, "I'm here because they promised me something that I couldn't have. I've only had a few days of training but it's intense. I'll tell you more later tonight, we can't really talk now."

Isabel was angry, she wanted answers. She kept shut and went to change into her uniform and as soon as she put it on she felt uncomfortable. The uniform was skin tight and Isabel felt like she couldn't move. It was a white polo shirt with white pants and white shoes. There was a red bird embroidered on the sleeve of the shirt. The pants were tight as well as the shirt and Isabel wanted to take it off.

When Isabel stepped out, Yasmine was in the same outfit as her, "You're very quiet, you know,"

"Maybe it's because I was kidnapped," Isabel spat, Yasmine quickly turned her head towards Isabel and Isabel stopped talking. She was tired and annoyed, she couldn't run, she call anyone. She wanted to go home, she didn't even know what the Red Sparrow Academy was going to do to her. They trained assassins but Isabel's job was the complete opposite. She didn't want to kill anyone but it's not like she had a choice.

Yasmine looked surprised, she raised her eyebrows, "I'll tell you this, Isabel," she slowly walked towards Isabel and she looked around the room even though it was just them two, "Don't defy Katya, she has a lot of people on her side and if you get on her bad side, it may cost you,"

Isabel could feel her heart beating rapidly. Katya didn't seem like the type to mess around with and Isabel knew that she couldn't do anything for her situation. The brunette simply nodded her head at what Yasmine said. The door to their room opened wide and a guard stood in red uniform, "Are you ready?"

The two of them nodded and walked away with the guard.

When they arrived at the HYDRA facility, Isabel could feel her heart in her throat. She wanted to see Bucky, he was the only thing that she had left that was close to home. She couldn't see her siblings or Steve. When they arrived, a group of guards led them down a narrow hallway. Yasmine was calm while Isabel felt her hands shaking. They were led to a large metal door that had a covered window.

A few seconds later, Katya came out of the door. When she saw both Isabel and Yasmine, she instantly smiled. "Ladies, you're here," her eyes glanced towards Isabel, "You're getting what you were promised but I must warn you."

"About what?" Isabel asked, "Is he alive?"

Katya nodded, "Yes, but Mr. Barnes did lose an arm,"

Isabel felt her heart sink.

"He will be alright but he will be observed by HYDRA," she explained, "Open the window,"

The window covering was lifted and Isabel finally saw Bucky. When she saw him, she instantly started crying. She felt a run of emotions take over her and she wanted to run in there and hug him. The room was white and Bucky was laid down on a bed, he had a bandage over where his arm was supposed to be. His face had a cut on it from the fall and he was asleep. He looked peaceful and there were machine connected to him.

"Bucky..." Isabel's voice cracked, "I have to go in there, please,"

Katya looked at the guard and nodded her head. He opened the door and Isabel quickly ran inside the room. She interlocked her fingers with his and she ran a hand through his hair. He was breathing slowly and Isabel had tears running down her eyes and hugged Bucky over his body.

"Bucky, please wake up, I need to know you're okay, please, please, please," she begged and she caressed his face, "I need you to know that I'm here. I'm not gone." Isabel noticed a small movement coming from Bucky's face. His eyes slowly opened revealing the azure eyes behind it. Isabel quickly smiled when she saw him and Bucky looked confused. He was groggy and tired.

"Isabel,"

The guard quickly came into the room and tried pulling Isabel back. She quickly tried going against his own strength.

"No! Please! Bucky! I'm here!" The guard quickly picked up Isabel and walked away while she yelled Bucky's name. Once they were out of the room, the door closed and Yasmine could see the hurt on Isabels face as she banged on the door. She could see how she longed for Bucky how he opened his eyes once he saw her. The way her eyes lit up when he said her name and how quickly it disappeared when Katya ordered the guard to close the door.

"Now that you've seen him, your training will begin tomorrow," Katya said.

"I have to talk to him, please," Isabel begged with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Mr. Barnes has to recover Isabel, once you're training is done, you'll be able to see him,"

***

That night when Isabel was getting ready to sleep, Yasmine kept her awake.

"Do you love him?" Yasmine asked. She was staring at Isabel who was getting ready to lay down. Isabel furrowed her brows. Truth was, she didn't know the answer to that question. She'd only known him for a little bit but in that time he captured her heart.

"I don't know,"

Yasmine nodded, "It's not good, Isabel," Yasmine started, "Training. They teach you to use your body to kill people that have wronged them. They teach you how to end a life and they want to change you to a completely different person,"

"I won't let them do that damage to me," Isabel promised herself. Whatever she had to do it was for Bucky. She was going to fight for him but she wasn't going to lose herself in the process and she was going to keep that promise.