(012). TRAINING

RED SPARROW
( chapter twelve , training. )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

        "GOOD MORNING, I'M HAPPY TO SEE THAT EVERYONE IS HERE AND ON TIME FOR THEIR TRAINING," KATYA WAS A THE FRONT OF THE ROOM STANDING TALL AND PROUD IN FRONT OF THE GROUP. There were men and women from different ages in the room and they all wore the academy's red uniform with the red sparrow embroidered on it. Isabel felt like a small child, she was small and her eyes were wide with fear.

Everyone sat in their seats as Katya walked in front of them. She stood like a mother about to teach her children a lesson. Isabel sat next to Yasmine which made her more comfortable being with someone she knew.

"Many of you know the values of Red Sparrow Academy and how we achieve it," Katya started, "Not only do we train great assassins here but we teach you to use your most powerful weapon, yourself," Isabel furrowed her brows in confusion. What could she possibly mean?

Isabel wanted to leave but she knew she couldn't escape, she had to do it for Bucky, the one piece left of home that she had left. She had no one else to fight for except herself. Katya caught Isabel staring into space but brushed it off quickly.

"Can anyone explain what that means?" Katya asked her students. A male, who was in his mid twenties raised his hand up in the air. Katya pointed a finger at him and he quickly put his hand down.

He had slick back blond hair and icy blue eyes, "It means we not only use weapons to complete mission but our own bodies,"

"What does that mean?" Isabel asked, everyone quickly turned their heads to look as Isabel, they all looked shocked that she spoke out of turn and they watched for Katya's reaction. Katya simply smiled before asking Isabel to stand up with her hand.

"Now, I would to welcome our newest recruit, Isabel," she started, "She's not used to the rules yet, so take it easy on her, okay. You may sit," Isabel slowly sat back down in her seat and looked down at her fingernails.

They were cold and clammy as she held them together, a girl raised her hand in the air in response to Katya. She motioned for her to speak and the girls response made Isabel want to throw up.

"It means that our bodies are our greatest weapon and we should use them to get what we want or whatever is needed to complete the mission," she started, "Most of the times, it involves seduction and action in order to complete the mission,"

Isabel took in a deep breath. Seduction? Would she have to have sex with them? She knew she had to kill but she still hadn't gotten used to the idea. Isabel wanted to throw up the empty contents of stomach. She grew insecure in her own skin once she heard the girl speak.

Isabel listened to every single word that came out of Katya's mouth. As she listened, she hated the Red Sparrow Academy more and more with each and every passing minute. She wanted to why they signed up to do this and why they agreed blindly to everything that Katya was saying. They were like minions, but Isabel remembered what Yasmine had said to her. She warned her not to get on Katya's bad side but what would she have to do?

"Now, you are each assigned a room where you'll receive training with peers in the same stage as you, you are dismissed," Isabel got up and quickly turned around to speak to Yasmine but she was gone. Isabel took in a deep breath as she headed in the direction of her training. She was led to a small room with four other women and one male. Isabel stood near the door as the instructor, a woman with platinum blonde hair, came and stood in the center.

"Welcome, my name is Annika and I will be your instructor for the remainder of your training," she started, "There are various stages in the Red Sparrow Academy and you will succeed until your final test which is a mission that you will go on with your group,"

"What if we fail?"

Isabel listens as she wanted to know what the answer would be. Annika kept a serious expression on her face. "If you fail, then you will not graduate and will be dealt with according to the Red Sparrow Academy standards,"

Isabel felt like her brain was turning in mush. "Dealt with," made her feel uncomfortable. It was as if it was another phrase that meant they would be killed. Isabel shifted her weight as she watched Annika speak. She was quiet like the other students, except they stood proud and y'all while Isabel hid away. Why would they join the academy?

"Now, Isabel come up here and Alexei," Isabel's heart dropped to her chest and she slowly walked towards Isabel and so did Alexei. He was the only other male in the room and they stood in the front center of the room while the others watched.

"Isabel, your task is to seduce Alexei," Annika prompted, Isabel looked at her confused.

"Seduce him? How?"

"That is your task and Alexei, once you feel seduced, let Isabel know," Isabel felt a knot in her throat as she stared at Alexei. He was taller than her and stronger, he had jet black curls and honey brown eyes. Isabel could feel herself shaking she didn't want to do it. Was she supposed to get intimate with him? She couldn't. Even if it was apart of training.

Isabel took a step forward and the room was silent as they watched her. Alexei had a motionless face, he shown no emotion and stood like soldier. She took a step back and looked at Annika.

"I can't do it," she mumbled. She was terrified at that point. Her heart was racing and her hands were trembling with small trickles or sweat tracing down her forehead.

"What?"

Isabel avoided her strong gaze, "I sad I can't do it,"

Isabel didn't want to look at the other students, she knew they looked terrified. Annika stood in front of Isabel and lifted her head up. Once their eyes locked, Annika raised a hand and slapped Isabel, leaving her cheek hot and red.

"Guards! Take her away to the cell," Isabel's eyes grew wide and two guards came in the room and grabbed her by both arms as they dragged her. Isabel screamed and cried out for help and the last thing she caught Annika say:

"If you disobey, there will be consequences let this be an example to all of you,"