45. Tense

listen to the song 'Flawless' by the Neighbourhood while reading this. I strongly suggest it. :) just imagine it's saying he instead of 'she'. xx

Harry

My ears perked up as Liam tapped my shoulder, "Harry, mate, we're home."

I let out a shaky breath, getting anxious about what was to come. I didn't even know if I could face Louis without losing it. I shouldn't be mad at me, hell, I really shouldn't, but he didn't even bother to tell me what was happening. The fact that he had ignored me while he went around kissing Eleanor and sleeping at her hotel. 

The first half of the European leg of the tour was done and we had a two week break.

I had declined all of his calls this week, forcing myself not to look at his desperate texts. I had over one hundred notifications in my messages, all from Louis of course. I had only seen the previews of them, which made my eyes water every time. All were apologies and sad compliments. 

We got off the plane, unpacking our carry-ons from the overhead cubbies and waiting for cars to pick us up. Fans swarmed the area, screaming in every direction. It was only me Liam and Zayn because Niall had taken a seperate plane back to Ireland, while we went back to London.

Our families understood why we would want to go to London instead of back home. They knew that our relationships with our partners were important because those could end any second, as family was perminant. In short, there was a lot of the line, so we were constantly worrying about when we would see our partners to keep the bond strong. 

I had made arrangements to see my mom sometime in the two weeks we had as a break. Originally, I had planned on introducing Louis to my Mom and Robin, but now I wasn't so sure. I had told Louis a while back that I wanted to introduce him to my parents because they were completely oblivious to my relationship and I was feeling guilty. 

I knew his mother was oblivious as well, but really, I hadn't had the time to go and visit her with him because our first long break I spent getting to know Louis and now we were in a fight. I hated saying that. 'In a fight'.

We got in our separate cars after our security picked up our luggage under the plane. I let out a deep breath, tapping my feet on the floor of the car. When we arrived at my house, I shakily grabbed my suitcases from my driver and slung my carry on backpack over my shoulder. I walked a steady pace up to my front door, walking into my cold and empty house. 

A half hour later I came to conclusion that I didn't want to stay at this place by myself and that it didn't feel the same without Louis there. I just needed him to explain. And if he couldn't do that, then I didn't know what I would do. Breaking up with him seemed like something that wasn't even possible. 

It just wasn't an option and I was stressing out over his explanation way too much.

My hand trembled as I picked up my phone and hovered my thumb over the call button on Louis' contact. I forced myself to press down on it, closing my eyes and waiting patiently as each sinful ring in my ear became more and more unbearable. Finally the ringing stopped and all that was left was breathing one the other line. Normally I would've hung up thinking that it was some creep picking up except for the fact that I knew it was Louis, debating on whether or not he should light to bomb. 

"Lou?" I asked first, my voice breaking in between.

"Harry," he whispered.

"Can you...can you come over?"

There was silence and moving on the other end, "yeah," he muttered, coughing right after. 

"Okay." I said, then hung up, not waiting on his response. 

I set my phone down on the couch, standing up to go and look at myself in the mirror. My hair was slicked back due to not washing it in three days, as is tickled the back of my neck, right down to where the collar of my shirt was. I desperately needed a haircut and my skin was paled and milky white as if I was sick. 

A knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts. I stared at myself in the mirror some more, not wanting to really face him.

I slowly made my way to the door, wiping my clammy palms on my jeans while my heart beat a thousand times a minute. 

I faced Louis, who's hair stuck up in all directions and his beard (ironically) had grown longer. He wore a plaid sweater around his petit frame with sweats and black Vans. "Lou," I whimpered, surging myself forwards and clinging onto him like my life depended on it. 

He didn't hug back.

Instead he detached himself from me, looking at my guiltily. "You ignored me and I know why, you should be mad at me, Harry, not hugging me."

I bit my lip, nodding, then lead him over to sit on my couch. "C-Can you just explain this, because I've been tearing myself up over it for a straight week now and I don't know how much longer I can take without knowing the truth."

Louis shook his head, silencing me. "Harry, I signed a contract, you were there when I signed that godforsaken contract."

"I know, but that doesn't explain why you wouldn't even call me to tell me-"

"My phone was dead," he looked down.

"Your phone was dead for two days?"

"Yes, Harry, please, just let me explain myself!"

"Alright, go."

"My phone was dead for two days. I went on a date with her and Modest! told me to sleepover at Eleanor's to create some sort of distraction and leave early in the morning. I was going to tell you about it but I phone had died and I didn't know what to do because I didn't bring a charger. She told me they told her to kiss me and I told her I didn't want that. She kissed me anyways, Harry."

"This is so stupid," I threw my head back, "I told you not to fucking sign that contract."

"Harry, Harry," Louis soothed, patting my shoulder. 

"What?"

"All of my fans know I'm gay, they all know. No one is fooled."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I'm not hurting," I sobbed dryly, pulling my hands up to my face.

"I'm sorry, I'm hurting too. We just have to get through this, the contract's only in action for three more months," Louis bit his lip, coming forwards to hug me.

"I missed you," I whispered, hugging him back just as tight.

"I missed you too."

_