Chapter 4

Lillia's PoV~

The next time I woke up, I was surrounded by blankets, but no Mr. Valentino. However, the blankets smelled just like him.

I stood up and began to walk over to the door, but my legs protested the moment I put pressure on them. I collapsed back down on the bed right as the door opened. Mr. Valentino came in with a tray with food but his eyes filled with worry when he saw that I was out of the blankets.

"You should lay down. Your body hasn't fully recovered yet." He set the food down and came to me. I gasped as he picked me up and laid me back down on the comfy bed. He then went back to get the food, sat down next to me, and held the food out.

"If you finish this, darling, I will get you some blueberry cheesecake and a coconut smoothie." I blushed and looked down. Last time he tried to feed me, it didn't end so well.

Not wanting it to end the small way, I nodded my head. I let him feed me as if I had a choice, and it was actually really good. It was pasta with some pesto sauce.

"D-Did you make this?" He snapped his head to me once I spoke. He seemed generally surprised that I asked him something.

"Hell no. I can't cook for shit. I have some maids downstairs who cook for everyone." His chuckle made me jump, it was so carefree and relaxed. And those aren't words that I would use to describe a gang leader.

"Do you p-pay them?" He seemed confused by my question but still answered.

"Of course, I did. Why do you ask?" I shrugged. I thought that with all his power, he would make people work for him without giving them anything in return.

He continued to feed for me for a few minutes. It didn't occur to me that he could have easily poisoned this.

I took the fork from his hand, picked up a bit of pasta, and held it up to him. He grinned before taking the bite.

"Thank you, Reginetta, but this food is for you." I ignored the weird nickname and just stared at him for a little to see he would spit it out or anything. He stared back with confusion but then his eyes lit up with maybe pride but also a hint of sadness.

"Did you make me try it to make sure I didn't poison you?" I nodded with a slight blush.

"You're a smart girl, but I told you earlier that I wouldn't hurt you." I nearly rolled my eyes. I don't think he is looking at this with my perspective.

After eating the rest of the food, apparently, I was very hungry, he was about to go get my other food but he wanted to ask me a few questions first.

"Can you tell me how old you are?" He asked while inching more towards me. I shook my head with hesitating.

I was young, at least 5 or so years younger than him. I've heard many things about him, like how he likes his women. Young and a virgin. I may be both those things but he definitely couldn't know that.

He, weirdly, respected my choice and went to go get my cheesecake and smoothie. It was only half a minute until he came back with everyone. He fed me again and even took the first bite to show me it was safe.

"Do you want to sleep so more?" He asked once I finished more. I shook my head.

"Do you like-" He cut himself off with a pause.

He grabbed a walkie-talkie that was set on the nightstand and turned it on.

"Clear the hallway between my bedroom and my office, immediately." He ordered then turned it back off.

Without warning, he picked me up and started walked out of the room. A yelp of surprise escaped my mouth, but he continued to not say anything until I asked.