Chapter 8

Lillia's PoV~

Hudson roughly yanked the door open and was met with Jake. He flinched at the glare Hudson delivered.

"What?" Hudson snapped at him which made Jake hold his hands up in mock surrender.

"The tailors are here." He left without a word but Hudson stood there for a second and signed in annoyance.

"They can wait." He angerly grumbled as he walked back over to after shutting the door. He tried to surround me with his arms again but I pulled away.

"What's wrong, Reginetta?" He tried again but I ducked and jumped off his desk.

"Lillia!" I laughed as he chased me around his office. I, somehow, got his office door open and sprinted out.

The guards in the hallway snapped their heads to me as I ran past them. I could see their faces morphing into shock when they saw Hudson chasing after me as I laughed.

Once I saw Jake down the hallway, I ran faster. He looked at me in terror when I hid behind him.

"I do not wish to be part of this!" Jake exclaimed with a panicked look. I laughed in response and continued to run around him as Hudson caught up. Jake was frozen in fear as we ran around him, I guess also in shock. I could tell this wasn't something Hudson did in front of his staff very often.

When Hudson almost got a grip on my arm, I turned and dashed down the hallway towards to stairs. I knew he was letting me run around; he could have easily caught me.

I continue to laugh as I ran through the kitchen and to the living room.

My fun stopped short when I saw the people standing in the living room.

There was a boy and two girls, all fairly young adults. They were all shaking in their skins.

They stumbled on their own feet when they spotted me.

"Ms. Valentino." The three of them bowed down to me like I was so sort of queen.

I felt a presence behind and turned around to see Hudson looking at the three with a smirk on his face.

"Lillia, these are our tailors. They will measure you so you will have some clothes here." He placed a hand on my lower back and gestured to each of them.

"Oh, how long have you worked for Mr. Valentino?" They stayed silent and stared down at their feet. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Hudson glare at them but he didn't say anything at first.

"Let's just get this over with," Hudson stated while leading me to a small stand that was surrounded by measuring tapes, different fabrics, and needles.

After helping me up the stand, Hudson sat himself down on his unnecessarily large couch.

"Why such a nice living room if no one uses it?" He smiled at my question.

The three tailors started to get their stuff ready.

"I want a very big family." I blushed at his answer. He isn't talking about me, right?

I wouldn't want my kids to be raised in the mafia, to be constantly a target to Hudson's enemies. Would he even want kids with me?

I'm not sure why I was even thinking about this, I'm way too young to think about kids.

"Lillia, you don't have to think about it, now. I'll wait for when you're ready." I stared at him in shock when wasn't able to say anything because I was cut off by the tailor.

She positioned my legs for me and that's how the next 2 hours went.

The tailors didn't talk at all but Hudson made sure to tell them off every time they would poke me with their needles. He made sure I shared my opinion with all the ideas of the tailors shared with me for dresses and all that.

"How much do you pay them?" I asked him after they had left.

"A lot more than I should," Hudson answered with an annoyed look. I honestly thought he didn't pay them at all, with the way they were acting.

"Why do you say that? They did their job." He grabbed my hand and pulled me on the couch next to him.

"They poked you 20 times with their needles and won't talk when you asked them things. I don't like when people disrespect me, or anyone with me, so you." I blushed again at his protectiveness. It only added to his highly attractive personality.

"They were just scared. You can't really blame them for that." He chuckled.

"You would think after two years they would get over it." I stared at him weirdly.

"Hudson, you are very intimidating to be around," I told him while leaning closer to him.

He rolled his eyes while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"You seem fine." This time I rolled my eyes.

That was how most of the day went. Hudson gave me a tour of his giant mansion and introduced me to his top guards and the doctors.

We joked around and it felt nice. It was the first time I was able to relax with another person.

We were about to head to bed, well me. Hudson probably had some work to do.

Hudson was about to tuck me when Jake stopped him at the door.

"It's urgent." He said when Hudson gave him an annoyed look.

Hudson placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be in in a second." I nodded in understanding.

I know I should respect their privacy, but it was too tempting. Instead of going to bed, I placed my ear against the bedroom door.

"I found her record," Jake stated.

"And?"

"She's a bit younger than we thought." I winced when I realized where this was going.

"How young?" Hudson had a different tone in his voice, he sounded almost nervous.

"15."

"Fuck!" I heard a loud bang after and figured he must have punched something.

There was a moment of silence, silence that didn't help my beating heart.

"Boss, we can't just let her go back to her apartment and school." Even from this side of the door, I could hear Hudson's heavy breathing.

"Let me tell her that I something came up, then we'll talk. Meet me in my office-"

I quickly dove into the bed before Hudson caught me eavesdropping.

I heard the door open and his footsteps approach the bed.

"Something came up, I have to take care of it." His voice was emotionless.

"Okay, come to bed soon," I told him, making sure not to make eye contact with him.

He threaded his fingers through my hair before placing a kiss on my temple.

He left without another word and that was the last time I saw him for the next month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you enjoy? Tell me your thoughts!

Any predictions?

Favorite Drink? I love chai tea

Until I update again,

-L