Chapter 5

Lillia's PoV~

After Mr. Valentino's little confession, he put the headphones over my ears and left me to try and process his words. They both shocked me and scared me.

I had no idea he has been watching me for this long.

When I was in the city, when he first saw me, it was one of my first days here. I wanted to see the city and leave my apartment.

Once his words finally set in, I quickly came to the conclusion that the woman he is in love with, is me. Which was the part that scared me.

Mr. Valentino seemed to want to avoid me after I finished my work, but I thought, maybe, he was eerie of my reaction to his feelings towards me.

He brought me back to his bedroom, gave me a soft kiss on my forehead, and left to work on business or something.

I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed and I decided to snoop around a little.

His nightstand didn't have any important, besides his gun. But that was expected for being the most dangerous guy in the country.

That thought made me snap back to reality. I let this guy just kidnap me without me struggling. He probably thought I was a weak, pathetic, and desperate girl.

Not being in the right state of mind, I stuck the gun in the back of my pants.

I went to the door and slowly opened it to see a nearly empty hallway. There were 4 guys, guards, at the end of the hallway with their backs to me.

I tiptoed to the room across the hall. It was completely empty but had a window. By looking out the window to see the rest of the huge house. Or mansion.

I knew he was rich but not this rich.

It was the size of at least 4 of my apartment buildings. How many people live here? Or how many people can stand Mr. Valentino enough to live with him?

I also saw a few cars out front that were alone. No one seemed to be in them and they weren't moving at all. I quickly formed a plan in my head. The chance of me actually succeeding was about nothing. But there was no way I was going to stay here longer.

The guards didn't notice when I tiptoed to the next room, then the next room. All the way until I was only a few feet away from the guards. They were standing right on top of a staircase, maybe making sure no one went past that point. I picked up a vase that was on a cute table in the hallway and chucked it down the hallway, opposite from the guards.

They snapped their heads once the vase scattered and ran in the direction of where I threw the vase. I was confused as to why they looked so panicked but then I realized I threw the vase right in front of Mr. Valentino's room. He probably wanted guards to watch outside the room to make sure I wouldn't escape.

Without skipping a beat, I ran down the stairs and to, what looked like the kitchen. I didn't have time to admire the gorgeous countertops. I dove into the pantry and just in time because not even 2 seconds later I heard thunderous footsteps going up the stairs.

I knew it was Mr. Valentino.

I peeked out to see if I had a clear path to the front door. A few guys ran through the front door and up the stairs, leaving the door wide open. I took my chance and sprinted to the door and to the nearest car.

Thankfully it wasn't locked, I didn't even think about that.

I sat there for a few minutes and tried to calm my breathing. The car had tinted windows so no one could see me.