Chapter 17

Lillia's PoV~

I woke up the next morning to the smell of flowers.

I turned to see a bouquet of flowers, a copy of The Notebook, and a note on my nightstand. Then there was a knock on my door.

It was Brady.

I felt a sting of disappointment when I saw the food in his hands. I was hoping Hudson would see me again.

I woke up yesterday at around one, alone. Hudson much has left when I was sleeping. The rest of the day, I spent reading The Princess Bride. I sent Brady away every time he checked up on me.

I just wanted to be left alone with my thoughts. I had a lot to think about.

"Hudson hasn't left his office since yesterday but he found some time to make you breakfast. Very sweet." I rolled my eyes at Brady's sarcastic tone.

But the smell of the chocolate chip pancakes and his words he said made me smile.

Before I started eating, I picked up the note.

Sorry I couldn't eat with you but I'll see you at lunch. I have a surprise for you that I'm positive you'll love. Enjoy breakfast and the flowers. Ho cercato di trovare fiori che corrispondessero ai tuoi occhi ma un colore così bello non può mai essere abbinato. -Hudson

"Do you speak Italian?" I asked Brady before he left.

He shook his head, only making me sigh. I don't let not knowing what he's saying. It slightly bothers me.

Maybe I could ask him to teach me some Italian.

I ate as much as I could but that wasn't much. I gave the rest to Brady and told him to wake me up before noon.

I wanted to take a small nap because I usually get really tired after I eat something big. I fell asleep thinking about what Hudson's surprise could be.

I woke up to Brady shaking me.

"Queen Lily, your attendance has been requested in half an hour!" He exclaimed, having his voice echo throughout my room.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic ass before slowing getting out of bed.

Brady already had an outfit set out for me, just some sweatpants and a tank top. Usually, those kinds of clothing weren't my style but Brady refuses to let me wear anything that doesn't completely comfortable. Plus, my body can't handle being awake for a while so it's nice to have clothes that I can sleep in.

I didn't bother taking a shower since I took one yesterday night. Brady left the room for a second so I could change.

"Do you think Hudson will let me see him earlier, like now?" I asked him when he came back in.