Chapter 27

Hudson's PoV

"Get the fuck out of my sight." I growled out at the guard sitting in front of me.

He quickly got up and basically ran out of my office. Fucking idiot.

My hands itched to either throw something or grip Lillia's thigh. My eyes snapped to the empty bed next to my desk.

Instead of ignoring my temptations, I stood up and looked out my office window.

Lillia was playing soccer with some employees of mine. Her weight is now average, she has gained muscle, and she has completely healed from her gunshot wound. Her skin has even getting its color back.

She looks completely beautiful.

Lillia turned sixteen a month ago. We had a small celebration with some maids and guards she's befriended since I brought her here.

I got her a car, with a promise that I would teach her how to drive, and a nice promise ring. Brady got her plants that she could grow in her room. She also got a ton of self-care things and clothes from everyone else.

She told me that this was the first time she has ever celebrated her birthday so I wanted to make it as special as I could.

In the time that has pasted, she has finished all her high school classes and started taking classes towards nursing. She loves it.

I make sure that she never is too stressed but having the professors come and teach her in person once a week. And also making sure she relaxes.

Some days she'll be in my office, in the daycare, or playing soccer. But I always make sure she has time to relax fully.

As for our relationship, it has progressed. We've been on many dates together and we nearly spend any time apart.

She's been staying in her room. As much as I want her to sleep with me, we both don't want her growing dependent on me. I truly love that idea but I know that isn't what she wants. And what she doesn't want, I don't want.

I want her to know that she can be her own person and do whatever she please. She sleeps with me sometimes but mainly sleeps in her room. But we still always have meals together.

I've also told her about the many one-night stands I had before I met her. I wanted to tell her myself before she heard from someone else and got upset.

Surprisingly, Lillia was very understanding. I could tell she wasn't happy about it, which I expected, but she wasn't mad at me at all.

She even jokes about it now. She jokes about being inexperienced compared to me and whatnot. But, in all honesty, I felt like I was still inexperienced.

All my past 'relationships' were about sex, and sex only. But my relationship with Lillia was the exactly opposite.

Before her, I've never been on a date. I never worried about what I said. I was never gentle and caring. With Lillia, everything is different.

And we still haven't done anything past kissing. We haven't exactly talked about it but she hasn't indicated that she wanted to move further.

I focused my mind back to Lillia and watched as she made yet another goal then all the players took a small break. Lillia grabbed her water bottle and sprinted inside. I knew exactly where she was heading.

Not even a minute went by before I heard my office door open.

"Hudson..."

I turned from the window to see Lillia walking over to me. Now that she was closer, I could see how sweaty she is.