Chapter 26

Brady's PoV~

In the last few months, I've experienced some of the scariest things of my life. That interview with Mr. Valentino, when Lillia begged me to kill her, when I told Mr. Valentino about Lillia being a pile of bones, and when Mr. Valentino ordered me not to leave Lillia's side while he was away. All were very scary moments.

But waking up in the early morning with Hudson Valentino, the man that is known for his controlling and violent ways, was standing by the foot of my bed, I figured those other times were nothing.

His grey eyes seemed to glow, making me think I was dreaming.

Please, let me be dreaming.

"What happened while I was away?" He demanded. His voice caused my body to tremble slightly.

I didn't let myself think that Mr. Valentino wasn't going to find out what happened. Lillia didn't tell him yesterday. I saw them in the garden and I knew she wasn't going to tell him for at least a day or two.

But he was the great Hudson Valentino. And we were stupid to think that he wouldn't notice me not being with her or the wincing from her every time she moves her left shoulder.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied, trying to find the fact that I was beginning to full-on shake.

"Do you really think lying to me is a good idea?" He questioned calmly. But his narrowed eyes and clenched fists told me a different story.

"As much as you terrify me, the idea of betraying Lillia's trust scares me more." I confessed to him while trying to sit up a bit more.

Once I put pressure on my stomach, I winced.

Mr. Valentino looked at me and raised his eyebrow. Then he looked down at my blanket-covered stomach. Before he could grab the blanket, I sealed it against me with my hand.

"Your loyalty to Lillia both impresses and annoys me."

He was gone in a second.

He knew I was hurt and I knew he was going to question Lillia when he gets the chance. It made me nervous. I hope they don't get into too big of a fight.

Lillia's PoV~

I laid in bed; it was early. Hudson left ten minutes ago without saying anything to me. But I don't think he knew I was awake.

He knows. I'm not sure what he knows but he knows something.

We had such a nice day yesterday that I kind of forgot about my shoulder. I'm more than aware that it was stupid to not tell him but we were having such a nice day and I didn't want to ruin it.

But, now, he's pissed at me and a part of me became too scared to tell him. I remained myself that Hudson cares for me. He's not going to hurt me.

Despite that thoughts running in my head, when I heard the sound of the bedroom door opening, I flinched.

"Lillia, please get up." His voice sounded less angry and more concerned but I still wanted to savor the nice moments we had just for a few more minutes before he becomes even more angry.

"Five more minutes." I pleaded him. I heard his footsteps walk over to the bed.

"Lil-"

"I'll explain everything, I promise. Just, please, give me five more minutes."

I cursed myself for sounding so desperate. But it worked. He slid into bed behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He gently placed small kisses on my neck.