[ 35 ]

Donghyuck was lazily taking orders from the customers. He wasn't in the mood to work, or to deal with people at all. He rather be wrapped in his quilt waiting for Mark to text him back, in which he knew will never happen. It's been a week, a week since they had gotten caught yet again and were forced to break up. It's been a week full of long paragraphs and voicemails that Donghyuck had been sending to Mark. He poured out all of his feelings into the texts and voicemails he had left Mark, but he has yet to respond.

Donghyuck wasn't mad at Mark though, he could never be mad at Mark even if he wanted to. He knew that Mark was just listening to his mom, and whatever kind of conversation the two had. Donghyuck was sure it wasn't a pleasant one, and majority of it was just about how they can't be together and blah, blah, blah. Things that both Donghyuck and Mark heard before. But he knew that this time it could be serious, this time both boys might never speak to each other again.

For the past week that Donghyuck has been working, he hadn't seen Mark enter with his group of friends for pizza as he usually would. His friends came, but Mark didn't. It saddened Donghyuck so much. Even if the both of them couldn't speak to each other, it'd at least feel good to be able to see his face. That'd make him feel at least a tad bit better.

But he hasn't seen his favorite person in the world, that beautiful face he adored so much. His sparkling brown eyes and soft brown hair. To say he missed him was an understatement. He desperately yearned to be captured in the older's hold, while he played with his hair and whispered sweet nothings into his ears. He yearned for the kisses that were filled with nothing but spark and blissful satisfaction. The kisses that made his stomach all tingly, his face a bright shade of pink, and his plumped lips swollen.

But it's been a full week since he was able to feel Mark's arms, to receive his kisses, and to be called his favorite pet name of all time, princess. He just wanted to cry all over again, but he knew he couldn't right now since he was at work and unfortunately had to see faces he didn't care for. All he really wanted was to see one special face, but that wasn't going to happen no matter how much he wished for it to.

"Uh, hi Donghyuck." A loud familiar voice says, taking over Donghyuck's ears and breaking him out of his trance.

"Hi Yuta, um what can I get you?" Donghyuck asks, plastering a fake smile on his face.

"I heard about you and Mark, you don't have to put on that fake disturbing smile. I understand, and I want to say say I'm sorry about it all."

"No worries, it isn't your fault anyway. So, are you going to order?"

"Oh yeah, um can I have a grilled chicken salad with a bottled water please?"

"Uh, sure coming right up."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

While taking other orders, Donghyuck noticed Yuta sadly taking glances at him. He brushed it off though, it's probably because of the break up. After other orders were taken, Yuta used it as his chance to go back to Donghyuck.

"Um, Yuta your order isn't ready yet. Can I help you with anything else for the time being?"

"Um no, I just want you to know that Mark really loves you Okay? I don't know why you guys broke up but I'm sure you guys can work it out right? He's one of my best friends, he's like a brother to me. And to see him hurting the way that he is really hurts me. He doesn't say much anymore and doesn't even want to show up here at his favorite pizza shop anymore. I see you look sad yourself, I really I hope things can get better between you two."

"Well, it's pretty complicated. I don't think we'd really be able to work out anything. But just know that I do love him with all of me. But thank you, it means a lot. I really wish things would have been different, it's unfortunate honestly."