[ 36 ]

Mark was laying in his bed, sheets wrapped around his body. His eyes were puffy and his throat was dry. He stared at the boring plain walls and sighed. In just 2 days was his birthday, and he wasn't even excited for it. He was too sad to even want to celebrate it. Johnny wants him to have a party, but he just wasn't in any kind of party mood.

For the past week, he's been in his bed without any food. He's only gotten up to drink water and to use the bathroom. But, right after that he'd crawl right back into his bed and stare at the same plain walls that never changed. Sometimes he'd read the messages that Donghyuck had sent him, and although he's always gotten an itching urge to text him back, he never has.

He'd just stare at them for hours, sometimes they'd make him cry and other times they'd make him angry. He'd get so frustrated and more sad that he'd just leave his phone alone for the rest of the night and force himself to sleep. It's been his everyday routine for the past week. Johnny and Yuta tried countless of times to try and get him out of bed, but it never worked as he always ignored them.

He hated to be pitied, and even if they were genuinely concerned he didn't really care. He just wanted to be left alone, away from the world and everyone that existed. He was beyond sad, and he didn't want to walk around as though he was okay, plastering fake smiles on his face. Besides, he wasn't even mentally prepared for all of the 'im fine's' he'd have to answer whenever people asked if he was okay.

A creak sound took over the room, as Yuta slowly opened the door peeking his head in. "Mark, are you okay?"

Mark ignored the sweet voice that was checking up on him. He wasn't okay, so how was he supposed to answer that? He didn't want to lie and say he was, cause that'll only hurt himself. But he can't tell the truth and say he's not, cause that'll only hurt Yuta. But, Mark was sure Yuta knew that he wasn't okay. I mean, anyone who lies in bed all day and not eat any food after a break up, isn't okay.

"Well, I brought you some pizza. I know how much you love pepperoni pizza and I think that you maybe should try and eat something. It might give you more energy, to possibly even make you get out of bed." Yuta says, placing a plate of pizza on Mark's nightstand.

Hearing the word 'pizza' made Mark's body tense up, it just reminded him too much of Donghyuck. He curled up into a ball, and squeezed his eyes shut. Trying to think of anything else but that angelic boy that he missed so much.

"Mark? Please talk to me."

Silence resonated throughout the room, as Yuta chewed on his bottom lip while waiting for the boy to answer him. He knew that Mark would most likely just stay shut but he liked to be hopeful. He knew that eventually, Mark would be able to talk to him again.

"You know, maybe this isn't a good thing to bring up but I seen Donghyuck today when I went to the pizzeria with the guys. He looks as hurt as you. He uh, mentioned that he loves you with all of him."

Mark could feel his heartbreak again as he heard Yuta say that. Imagining Donghyuck being sad and hurt, didn't sit well in Mark's stomach. He loved seeing that beautiful smile on Donghyuck's face, but he was sure that maybe that beautiful smile won't be present for awhile.

"Well, I will be in my room. WinWin is coming over today so if you decide on getting up, I don't think my room would be the best place to go. But um, Johnny is home, if you need to talk I'm sure he'll listen."

With that, the door closed and Mark was left alone in his room, sad and heartbroken.

-

The day went on, with the same routine. Mark was used to it, and so was Johnny and Yuta. They were saddened with Mark's behavior, and they tried their hardest to make him feel better but it wasn't working. No matter what they did, Mark just wouldn't budge. He didn't want to do anything nor eat anything all day.