(16)

Hey everyone. So I'm not sure if I mentioned Parkers sisters name earlier in the book but if I did I don't remember it so I changed it
_____________

I wake up to Zoey and Carter jumping on my bed.

"Wake up, Benji!" Zoey yells.

"I'm up" I groan and rub my eyes before sitting up.

"Peggy and Marcus got us presents!"

"What?"

"They got us presents!"

"I heard you. Why?"

"You're a part of the family now, Ben" Carson says.

"Thank you, Carson" I say with a small smile.

"Come on, we've got presents to open!" he says and we follow him downstairs to the giant Christmas tree. We sit down around the tree and open our presents. I give Peggy, Marcus, Carson, and Zoey their presents. I got Peggy a necklace (she's obsessed with those), Marcus a new briefcase, Carson a football jersey from one of his favorite players, and Zoey a Baby Alive.

"We have one more present for you two" Peggy says to me and Zoey. She leaves the room and comes back thin box wrapped in wrapping paper. She hands it to me but I let Zoey unwrap it. I open the box and see a paper. I take it out and read it. It's two adoption certificates. Everything is done but the signatures.

"Wha.....these are adoption certificates" I say.

"Yes. We want to adopt you and Zoey. We haven't signed yet because we wanted to make sure that you both were ok with it" Marcus explains.

"So you would be our parents?" Zoey asks.

"Yes"

"And Carson would be our brother?"

"Mhm"

"Are you ok with this?" I ask Carson.

"Yep"

"Zoey?"

"Yes! Pretty please, Benji?" she begs.

"Ok then, yes. We would love for you guys to adopt us" I smile. Peggy squeals and hugs us.

~<>~<>~

"So, I have something to tell you" I say. Parker and I are on his bed watching a movie. I'm sitting up with Parkers head on my lap. He has his eyes closed while I play with his hair.

"Hm?" he hums in response.

"So you know how Carson's parents have been fostering me and Zoey while my dads in jail?"

"Mhm"

"They want to adopt us" I say. He shoots up and turns to look at me.

"Really?! What did you say?" he asks.

"We said yes"

"I'm so happy for you, Benji!"

"Thanks"

"So you and Carson are gonna be brothers. Did not see that one coming" he chuckles to himself.

"Neither did I. I never imagined dating the quarterback either" I say.

"Yeah and that was the best thing that ever happened to you" he smiles

"You sure about that?"

"Jerk" he says and slaps my thigh. I laugh and kiss him.

"Merry Christmas, babe"

"Merry Christmas, Benji"

~<>~<>~

2 weeks later

Aubree's POV

"Parker, we have to go this week. No more rescheduling. Our first appointment was 3 weeks ago and we still haven't gone! We have to go!" I say dragging him out of his bed.

"How'd you even get in here?" He asks

"Your dad let me in" I shrug

Fine! Get out so I can get dressed" he tells me

"It's nothing I haven't seen before"

"Sorry, reserved for Ben"

"Have you told him I'm pregnant yet?"

"...go downstairs. I'll meet you down there" he says picking up a shirt from the floor

"So you haven't"

"No, Aubree, I haven't. How would you feel if you had to tell the person you love that you knocked up your ex"

"Fair point" I say and go downstairs.

"Hey, Bree" Jacob says.

"Hey, Jake" I smile.

"How's it going?" he sits next to me and puts his arm over my shoulders.

"I'm good" I laugh quietly and move his arm.

"So...now that you aren't dating my brother....."

"You're 11, Jacob. I'm 17, it's not gonna happen"

"It could"

"It couldn't. Sorry, Jakey" I say and go to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Parker's parents still welcome me here and allow me to pretty much do whatever their kids are allowed to do.

"Hey stranger" a voice says. I turn around and see Heather, Parkers older sister. She has pale skin and black-to-dark blue ombre hair. She's around 5'4 so she's not very tall. She's extremely pretty.

"Heather! How long have you been back?!" I ask.

"About 3 weeks. I have to go back to school next week"

"You couldn't have picked a place closer?"

"Nope. So, I've heard some things about Parker that I need you to clear up"

"Like?"

"The rumor that Parker has a boyfriend?"

"He hasn't told you guys?"

"No"

"Oh. Well his name is Ben. He's adorable. Like a cute little puppy that should be protected at all costs"

"....what?"

"He's cute. Wanna meet him? I have an appointment with Parker for something but I can introduce you guys later. I haven't really talked to him but he's nice"

"Sure"

"Bree! Let's go!" Parker says walking out the door.