(29)

"Parker Johnson" the principal calls. I watch as my boyfriend walk onto the stage to collect his diploma. Sophia and I cheer louder than the others, making him blush. He shakes hands with the principal and walks off stage.

~<>~<>~<>~

"Congratulations, babe. You're done with high school" I say walking up to him after the ceremony ended.

"And you've still got a year" he teases.

"Ugh don't remind me"

"I still can't believe I got a full scholarship"

"I can. I knew you could do it, you're amazing"

"Thanks" he says and kisses me.

"He gets a kiss and I don't? I graduated too!" Aubree jokes. I roll my eyes playfully and kiss her cheek.

"Mine" Parker says wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into him.

"You guys wanna come celebrate with Carson, Sophia, and I?"

"Sure" we say. We follow her out to the parking lot and get in our cars. Sophia is riding with Aubree. Parker and I are in Carson's truck. He follows Aubree to a cafe. We get out of the truck and go inside. We decide on a booth. Carson and Aubree on one side, Sophia, Parker, and I on the other.

"Parker, you've told us that you got accepted somewhere with a full ride but you never told us where" Bree says.

"Same place as Carson" he says looking down.

"Wait really?" Carson asks.

"Yep" he mumbles.

"Where'd you get in?" I ask.

"NYU" Carson says.

"New York?"

"Yeah"

"Oh" I say quietly.

"Can we talk about this later?" Parker whispers to me.

"There's nothing to talk about" I shake my head.

"Ben-"

"I just remembered, I have to do something. I'll call you later" I say getting out of the booth. Luckily, I'm on the end so I have an easy escape.

"Ben, wait" Parker says.

"I'll call you later" I fake smile and walk outside. I lean against the wall and take a few deep breathes.

"Ben" Parker says. I open my eyes and see him standing in front of me.

"What?" I ask.

"I won't go if it makes you upset"

"You're going, Parker. You have this great opportunity and I'm not gonna stop you. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I told you not to do something good for you just because it didn't benefit me"

"I hate seeing you like this"

"I'll be fine. I just needed some air. You'll be 12 hours away, we've never gone more than a few days without seeing each other....it's just gonna take some getting used to"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am"

"I don't leave for 2 1/2 months. We still have some time and after I leave I'll call you every night"

"I'm holding you to that" I say and put my arms around his neck before kissing him.

"I love you, Benji"

"I love you too"

"Wanna go back inside?"

"Yeah. I really want a milkshake"

"You always do and same"

"I don't always want one"

"You've texted me every night for the past two week to bring you a milkshake. Every night I have. You literally had one last night"

"Well I want another one" he says dragging me back inside. I chuckle to myself and order everyone a milkshake when we get back to the table.